inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Last Unicorn ( 1982).

Written By: J289 on 06/14/05 at 10:48 pm

Great underrated animated fantasy based on a book by Peter S. Beagle about a unicorn who thinks she is the last of her kind as she wonders into the dangerous but magical world beyond her as she meets a handful of characters including a magician that accidently magically changes her into a beautiful human maidain to fool the bad guys that have the unicorns of the world hostage, a prince falls in love with her as she must have a 4 day decision of weither to be with the man she loves and wants to marry or save the unicorns of the world before she forgets herself forever.

It's a wonderful and exciting yet thought provoking animated movie with drama, a little comedy, tears, a hot toon babe, nice artwork, great soundtrack by AMERICA and it's a feel good movie, most recommended!

There is going to be a live-action remake due out next Thanksgiven!

Any guys here who seen the movie think Amalthea (Unicorn's human form) is a hottie or what?

Subject: Re: The Last Unicorn ( 1982).

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/15/05 at 8:01 am

that's pathetic.  how could she be hot?  she's a cartoon... oh man that is sad.  and you try to make it masculine at the end even though you love a movie about unicorns LOL LOL LOL  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/15/05 at 8:02 am

oh, and what is Thanksgiven???

Written By: Kryllith on 06/15/05 at 8:19 am

Great underrated animated fantasy based on a book by Peter S. Beagle about a unicorn who thinks she is the last of her kind as she wonders into the dangerous but magical world beyond her as she meets a handful of characters including a magician that accidently magically changes her into a beautiful human maidain to fool the bad guys that have the unicorns of the world hostage, a prince falls in love with her as she must have a 4 day decision of weither to be with the man she loves and wants to marry or save the unicorns of the world before she forgets herself forever.

It's a wonderful and exciting yet thought provoking animated movie with drama, a little comedy, tears, a hot toon babe, nice artwork, great soundtrack by AMERICA and it's a feel good movie, most recommended!

Any guys here who seen the movie think Amalthea (Unicorn's human form) is a hottie or what?

Excellent movie, one of the first animated movies I can remember seeing in theatres. My wife and I named our first ferret Amalthea after the unicorn (it was one of her favorite movies as a kid as well). I didn't know there were planning on making a live action version of it though. I hope it does the original justice.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/15/05 at 11:06 am

Seen the animated film, awhile back and I have to say it's the most depressing movie I have seen in awhile.

Written By: J289 on 06/15/05 at 3:57 pm

Well the movie isn't just about unicorns, it's really about a quest and about finding yourself! guys can enjoy the movie too but mainly for Amalthea whom will make them smile.

I think she is about as hot as Jessica Rabbit, Holi Would from Cool World, Ariel The Mermaid, Belle, Jasmine, Cleo from Heathcliff or Lola Bunny, i had a crush on her when i was a kid, i bet almost any boy who saw this movie must thought she was a cutie.

Written By: TC1970 on 06/15/05 at 5:51 pm

that's pathetic.  how could she be hot?  she's a cartoon... oh man that is sad.  and you try to make it masculine at the end even though you love a movie about unicorns LOL LOL LOL  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Hey! I had a crush on Handy Smurf. Don't ask!!  :-\\ LOL

I don't think I have ever seen this movie. I would have to see a few scenes to recall correctly. :)

Written By: LikeTotallyTara on 06/15/05 at 11:27 pm

I had a crush on Kermit the Frog when I was about 4 or 5.  And I had a MAJOR crush on Justin, one of the rats in the Secret of NIMH movie :)

I really loved the movie The Last Unicorn.  I think I had it on VHS a few years ago but it got left behind when we moved.  :(

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/16/05 at 9:17 am

sorry for that comment gone AWRY!!! BOOBOBOBOBOBOOOO!!!!!!!

anyway great movie. period.  i love it love it love it and i cried the first time i saw it (i was about 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...