inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fave Aerosmith album from Geffen

Written By: aerognrjovihalen on 06/16/05 at 11:54 pm

Done With Mirrors (1985)
Sold 500,000 copies
Includes: "Let the Music Do the Talking."
The original lineup's first album since the 70s.

Permanent Vacation (1987)
Sold 5 Million copies
Includes: "Rag Doll," "Angel," and "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"

Pump (1989)
Sold 7 Million copies
Includes: "Love in an Elevator," "Janie Got a Gun," "What it Takes," and "The Other Side"
Won Grammy for "Janie Got a Gun"
Possibly won MTV award for "Love in an Elevator"

Get a Grip (1993)
Sold 7 Million copies
Includes: "Eat the Rich," "Livin' on the Edge," "Cryin'," "Amazing," and "Crazy"
Won Grammys for "Livin' on the Edge" and "Crazy"
Won MTV Viewer's Choice award for "Cryin'"

Subject: Re: Fave Aerosmith album from Geffen

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/17/05 at 12:04 am

Cool topic/poll! :)

I went with Permanent Vacation, since I knew the songs from it the longest. I watched VH1 alot in the early 90's, and since they were again pretty relevant, I'd often see the videos for "Dude", "Rag Doll" and "Angel".

It seemed the most 'polished' too - it was metal-tinged hard rock, but it seemed to have a very mainstream appeal. Halfway between Loverboy and Guns N' Roses in a sense. I think it also had the best album tracks too - the title song, "Magic Tough" (LOVE this one) and the heavy "Hearts Done Time" are just as catchy as the hits!!

Pump was a pretty good follow-up but seemed to be in a slightly less pop and more straight-up bluesy heavy metal direction. That said, I love "Janie's Got a Gun" (pretty, but heavy song with a serious message too) and the entire first half of the album.

Get a Grip is good (kind of a mix of their classic rock sound with 80's hard rock. It'll always remind me of Wayne's World 2! 8) ). However, despite some great singles, and album tracks, it seemed to have the "filler" which the two previous ones didn't.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/17/05 at 11:15 am

It's a tossup between Pump and Get A Grip. They have my fave singles on them. I voted for Get a Grip, only by a half point.

Tanya

Written By: woops on 06/17/05 at 9:29 pm

"Permanent Vacation"  8)

Written By: Blondie on 06/18/05 at 6:03 am

Permanent Vacation

Check for new replies or respond here...