inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Burning

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/22/05 at 7:37 pm

Do any of you guys remember this slasher flick? It came out in 1980-81 I believe. Its about these teenagers who play a practical joke on this caretaker and he gets set on fire. He gets all burnt up and when he gets out of the hospital he goes back to the camp to seek revenge on the kids. Its a great film! Much better than Friday the 13th. There are moments in the film that are truly scary. This film is also Jason Alexander's(George from Seinfeld) first role. If you've never seen this film, I highly recommend it!

Subject: Re: The Burning

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/22/05 at 10:37 pm

Heard of it, but never seen it.

As for 80's horror, check out April Fool's Day, it's a film about a group of teenagers who go to an island house owned by one of their friends for a party (and to pull practical jokes on each other), only to find a killer who plans on making practicals jokes that aren't funny, but are deadly instead.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/22/05 at 11:49 pm

I saw April Fool's Day at the Drive-In back in 1986. That is a damn good movie! But you've got to check out 'The Burning'. As far as I'm concerned, its the best slasher flick ever made!

Written By: eightieschick53 on 06/23/05 at 3:38 pm

Do any of you guys remember this slasher flick? It came out in 1980-81 I believe. Its about these teenagers who play a practical joke on this caretaker and he gets set on fire. He gets all burnt up and when he gets out of the hospital he goes back to the camp to seek revenge on the kids. Its a great film! Much better than Friday the 13th. There are moments in the film that are truly scary. This film is also Jason Alexander's(George from Seinfeld) first role. If you've never seen this film, I highly recommend it!

Was this the movie with the killer whose name was Crosby? If it is, then I have heard of it but haven't seen it. I've heard it's really good though.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/24/05 at 9:00 pm

Yeah, thats the one. You should definitely watch it, but its hard to find. Maybe Ebay has it. Occasionally, one of the movie channels plays it.

Written By: eightieschick53 on 06/25/05 at 1:11 pm

I checked ebay and they do have a copy of this movie on DVD for only $14.95. So if anyone is interested, go to ebay's website and purchase it. You can use any of the major credit cards.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/25/05 at 8:54 pm

Buy it or rent it. Its the perfect date movie. Instead of going out, bring the girl to your house and watch this movie. She'll be all over you from start to finish, and afterwards too. As far as I'm concerned, its one of the only truly scary movies out there.

Written By: ralfy on 05/21/16 at 1:51 pm

"Happy 35th Anniversary to ‘The Burning!’"

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3389937/happy-35th-anniversary-burning/

Check for new replies or respond here...