inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fave Motley Crue album

Written By: aerognrjovihalen on 06/28/05 at 9:14 pm

Too Fast for Love (1982)
Sold 1 million copies
Includes: "Too Fast for Love" and "Live Wire"

Shout at the Devil (1983)
Sold 4 million copies
Includes: "Shout at the Devil," "Too Young to Fall in Love," and "Looks That Kill"

Theatre of Pain (1985)
Sold 4 million copies
Includes: "Smokin' in the Boys Room", "Home Sweet Home", and "Use it or Lose It"

Girls Girls Girls (1987)
Sold 4 million copies
Includes: "Girls Girls Girls", "Wild Side", "You're All That I Need", and "All in the Name of"

Dr. Feelgood (1989)
Sold 6 million copies
Includes: "Dr. Feelgood", "Kickstart My Heart," "Without You", "Same Ol' Situation", "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)"

Subject: Re: Fave Motley Crue album

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/28/05 at 9:25 pm

Dr. Feelgood. It has my fave on there, Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Tanya

Written By: iluvthe80s on 06/29/05 at 8:45 am

I voted for 'Dr Feelgood', although I love all their music.  8)

Written By: aerognrjovihalen on 06/30/05 at 11:39 am

Dr. Feelgood. It has my fave on there, Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Tanya

That's also a favorite of mine too.  It's a shame I never hear it on radio anymore.  I also think Same Ol' Situation is one of the greatest rock n' roll anthems ever!!

Written By: iluvthe80s on 06/30/05 at 12:40 pm

Motley Crue did a show recently where I live (too bad I didn't get tickets) - anyway, the classic rock station there played 'Don't Go Away Mad' a couple of times around the time of their concert.

BTW, has anyone ever seen the 1990 movie 'The Adventures of Ford Fairlane' that starred Andrew Dice Clay?  Vince Neil has a small cameo in the film as rock singer Bobby Black, who gets killed in the first few minutes of the movie - I tuned into a showing of it on FX recently just to see his brief appearance in the beginning.  8)

Written By: OliverDK on 07/02/05 at 9:15 am

I wasn't really sure if I should say "Theater of Pain" or "Girl, Girls, Girls", both are my favorites, I was lucky enough to see them live here in Copenhagen, in '86 or '87, and the cool thing is that they had Skid Row as support, one of the coolest concert I've ever been too.

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 5:24 am

Shout at the devil :)

Written By: robby76 on 02/19/18 at 6:00 am

They're releasing Funko Pops of these guys...

https://www.wildcardtoys.com/images/thumbs/0007770_june-pre-order-motley-crue-funko-pop-vinyl-collection-set-of-4_415.jpeg

Written By: Dude111 on 09/03/22 at 9:04 pm

I recently got thier first album on cassette and its much better than shout at the devil! (I have the record of it)

I would say thier first 2 albums are thier best......

Check for new replies or respond here...