inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bette Midler/Rolling Stones "Beast of Burden"

Written By: kibzmom on 07/01/05 at 9:36 am

I wasnet sure where to post this question because both of these artists have been through all these decades, and i know both artists have sang this song, and I think this decade gets the most postings, so Im takeing a chance posting here. I also know this was something I had seen in the 80'S.  I remember seeing them singing Beast of Burden onstage, first starting with the stones,then as a "surprise" Bette came onstage and sang with good ole Mick. I love this song, and really enjoyed them singing it together.

Does anyone know if there was ever a recording of this "duet"?
If yes, I would love some info so that I can get it!!

Thanks !! ;D

Subject: Re: Bette Midler/Rolling Stones "Beast of Burden"

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/01/05 at 10:01 am

Hey, you know that saying about "you learn something new everyday"? Well, it worked for me right now. :)

That's an interesting piece of info - especially since those two don't necesarilly strike me as artists you'd think would record/perform together (though, IMO at least, that makes it all the more cool!).

"Beast of Burden" is one of my fave Stones songs - not quite a ballad but grooving, melodic classic rock with a big pop influence. It actually came out in '78 but it sounds passable as an 80's song. ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/01/05 at 10:07 am

THE ROLLING STONES  are still sounding great to this day I think too.

Loved their single last year Don't Stop'

Written By: kibzmom on 07/02/05 at 9:00 pm

well im not having any luck! and am begining to wonder if what i saw really happened!  ill keep searching the net, gotta be something out there some where to confirm this sighting!

Written By: Im Batman on 07/03/05 at 2:19 am

As an official Rolling Stones fanatic, I can tell you that both the Stones and Bette did individually record Beast of Burden, but there is no official recording of the two doing it as a duet.

Maybe there is a bootleg copy roaming around somewhere.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/09/05 at 2:15 am

Each also guest starred in the others video for the song and did the backing vocals. So not technically a duet.

Written By: kibzmom on 07/10/05 at 8:04 pm

i was sure it was some kind of concert, but now i wonder if it might have been some kind of music video...ill try and find that out.....
thanks for the help !

Written By: Bruce on 07/14/05 at 8:55 pm

Bette recorded a music video guest starring Mick, but he did not sing...  side note, who is the beatiful young woman who played Bettes' lil sis in the video?

Written By: Jo on 08/05/11 at 7:31 pm

I saw it too! I have been looking for a video of it for years. You did not dream it they sang it together on stage and it was awesome.

Written By: King Tut on 08/05/11 at 11:30 pm

Here it is: Bette & Mick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4R9FiKE0Tk

Check for new replies or respond here...