inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1987's Can't Buy Me Love

Written By: george78 on 07/01/05 at 11:21 am

I recently bought the DVD to this classic movie and I just can't get enough of it! I love the premise of it. I think each character is awesome in their own way. "Cindy Mancini" is the coolest chick ever...and cute! Her friends "Barbara" and "Patty" were just as awesome. Typical 80s hot girls. I love how Gerardo is in the movie before his Rico Suave days.

There are so many awesome lines from that movie:

"You ignored the Donald Miller geek for seventeen years, now you want to ride the Ronnie Miller express!"

"I happen to know there is no other titty quite this pretty"

I was like 10 when this movie came out so I wouldn't know, but for anyone who was a teen in the 80s, is this how high school life was?  ???

Subject: Re: 1987's Can't Buy Me Love

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 07/01/05 at 11:33 am

I like this movie, first saw it on video in 1988. I remember my older brother being a huge fan of it.

Written By: Howard on 07/01/05 at 2:55 pm

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/9389/Amanda75.jpg

Wow,I'd go out on a date with her.She's gorgeous! :o

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 07/01/05 at 5:16 pm

I was like 10 when this movie came out so I wouldn't know, but for anyone who was a teen in the 80s, is this how high school life was?   ???

I was in highschool 1988-1991 and I have to say yes, that is how it was. I was a reject in highschool. To cut a long story short, I was different and I knew it, had no self esteem, tried way too hard to fit in and failed miserably. Nobody ever threw sh*t on my house, but I copped some nasty crank phone calls and other stuff that I'd rather not mention -and this was at a Christian school. Being popular was everything and if you weren't, you looked elsewhere for a boy/girlfriend, cos no one from school would touch you with the proverbial 10 foot pole.
Popularity at an expensive private school may have been guaged by your parents money and at a less exclusive school, this could definitely work against you, but the common criteria were good looks, outstanding tallents (non-acedemic) and saying the right thing at the right time. If what I have overheard from school kids talk on buses and trains is any indication, nothing much has changed. ::) Social snobbery sucks sh*t!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...