inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's teen movie help

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 07/01/05 at 11:31 am

I need help from someone who has seen nearly ever 80's teen movie. It always bothers me for some reason, when I remember watching something, but barely remember much about it. Anyway as a kid in the 80's, I remember this teen or possible young adult movie, that has an opening scene where a cool hot rod car pulls up to a diner or truckstop, or something, at night. I think the movie is from the mid-80's, but not totally sure. I'm not sure if it's a regular car, because in my memory, the car reminds me of one of Indy 500 type race cars. That's all I remember about the movie, lol. But for some reason, I always itch to know every little movie or TV show I saw as a kid, no matter how little I remember.

Can anymore help me out here? Thanks.

Subject: Re: 80's teen movie help

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/01/05 at 5:49 pm

I vaguely remember this. Did the movie you remember also have a guy smash a tarantula on a table and eat it? I remember watching this movie when I was like 6 or 7 years old, but I dont remember the name.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 07/01/05 at 11:54 pm

Sounds familiar.

Written By: pell on 07/02/05 at 12:40 am

I don't specifically remember that scene, but it makes me think of movies like:

"Road House"
"Corvette Summer"
"Eddie and the Cruisers"
"Risky Business"
"American Grafitti"
"The Outsiders"

It's probably a long shot for any of those to be the one you're looking for. Some of them came out before the 80s, but you might have seen an older movie so don't limit your search to just 80s films.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 07/02/05 at 1:17 am

Well, I know it's not Road House, Risky Business or The Outsiders, but the others maybe. But the opening scene I remember just feels totally 80's, like bright neon diner or truckstop at night.

Written By: pell on 07/02/05 at 1:27 am

Another one I was going to mention that I forgot to add to the list was "Diner". I never saw it, so I'm not sure if it fits the bill.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 07/02/05 at 3:21 am

No.

Check for new replies or respond here...