inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bandana Info Requested

Written By: idiotgoddess on 07/01/05 at 8:55 pm

What color bandana you wore & where you wore it meant something. I never had the "list," but I swear I've seen a book on this. I laughed when I saw it (THEN) because the info was 'common knowledge' - now forgotten. Can anyone help me out? TIA

Subject: Re: Bandana Info Requested

Written By: OliverDK on 07/03/05 at 5:26 pm

When I wore a bandana it was usually black, with a Harley-Davidson logo

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/07/05 at 8:47 am

What color bandana you wore & where you wore it meant something. I never had the "list," but I swear I've seen a book on this. I laughed when I saw it (THEN) because the info was 'common knowledge' - now forgotten. Can anyone help me out? TIA

The only colour code I'm aware of with bandannas was in the gay community and I'm not sure if it was active in the 80's...it was big in the 70's.

Only bandannas I wore was either a red one, a skull one or a Harley one tied around my left leg on occasion.

Written By: robby76 on 07/07/05 at 11:03 am

The only bandana rules I know of are the gay ones - but you'll have to Google that. The other one is Punky Brewster - that gal brought the bandana right into the 80's - she used to wear at least 2 or 3 - hah!

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 07/08/05 at 10:02 pm

I remember seeing a movie called "Cruising" with Al Pacino, where he is an undercover cop in the gay community.  They discuss the color meanings of the bandannas, and I believe they had them hanging from their back pockets.  It was a good movie, but kind of hard to find.

Check for new replies or respond here...