inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: i love 80s

Written By: POLO on 07/06/05 at 1:04 am

Hello all crazy 80sssss fanssss    i wrote  why do you love the 80s  i would like to knows when does it appear on the list??

thanks for ur time    :D 8) please answer back :)

Subject: Re: i love 80s

Written By: robby76 on 07/06/05 at 3:14 am

There was just a happy uplifting vibe going on - most of the time anyway - it was cool to like pop songs, great tv, less concrete and pollution, toys were action figure crazy, kids played in the streets instead of spending hours on their PS2, we had an ozone layer... ahh my list could go on and on. People were generally more decent - there's a lot more sick people in the world today.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/06/05 at 10:05 pm

Yeah, it was a much more innocent time. The music wasn't filth, and kids didn't dress up like sluts or gangbangers. The world wasn't obsessed with sex back then either. There was crime and other things, but it wasn't talked about on TV 24 hours a day. The 80's were peaceful compared to all the wars going on now. Today's culture is obsessed with sex and instant gratification. The devil is truly on the loose. The food today tastes nothing like it did in the 80's. All food is bitter compared to back then. Even if today's trends start to copy the 80's, it wont be the same. The 80's cant be repeated again, and its sad.

Written By: robby76 on 07/07/05 at 4:00 am

Absolutely - kids who are like 9 or 10 yr olds are already in gangs, and they're everywhere - nice neighbourhood / bad neighbourhood it's all the same! They're so cheeky as well... if I was that rude when I was that age I would've had it... come to think of it at that age I would've been at home at night! Yes they had gang problems in the 70's and 80's but it wasn't as rife and wide spread as it is today. And tv's all about who can do the most outrageous thing to get the ratings.

I'm now thinking this list was supposed to be a happy list... Ha ha... oh well!

Check for new replies or respond here...