inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help!! DARYL soundtrack

Written By: Dew Dust on 07/07/05 at 1:36 pm

I have been searching for hours and hours for the song "Somewhere I Belong" song by Teddy Pendergrass for the movie D.A.R.Y.L.  Sadly, I have found that it was never sold in stores and is only available on record which is sold very rarely at Ebay.  During my involved searching on the internet, I stumbled across this:

"Subject: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pendegras
Written By: Adrian on 08/13/04 at 10:55:36

I am looking for this movie on DVD and I am looking for the title Song..."Somewhere I Belong" which was written by Marvin Hamlicsh and performed by Teddy Pendegrass...Anyone familiar with this?  I have treid to find this everywhere, but I can't seem to find it!  It is a great soundtrack!  AI was a remake of this film practically and "no" It's not "Flight of the Navigator"...  I thought I have seen this soundtrack back in 1985 which is when the movie came out...I wish I have purchased then, but I didn't....Damn, Damn, Damn...lol :-\\ :\'("

"Subject: Re: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pendegras
Written By: Ricky on 11/30/04 at 12:21:19

I have the song on CD and MP3 I can send it to your email if you wish.  ;)"

This was an archive record from your site.  I immediately joined your forum in hopes that this person, Ricky, might still be here today or at least someone here can help me.  I really want this song.  Thanks ever so much for any help or suggestions!!

Subject: Re: Help!! DARYL soundtrack

Written By: Dew Dust on 07/08/05 at 10:40 pm

*bump*

I am hoping someone here saw the movie and can help :-\\

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/09/05 at 4:56 pm

I just checekd the iTune's store and didn't see it. I'll keep my eye out for you

Written By: Dew Dust on 07/09/05 at 6:06 pm

Thank you so much!  Much appreciated  :)

Written By: ChaosGuardian on 07/12/05 at 9:50 am

I can help try to help you find it Dew Dust cause I want the song really bad.  I have the movie on DVD cause my girlfriend got for it me as an anniversary gift, its one of my all time favorites.  Well anyway if you find the song let me know please and If i find it Ill send it to you if you like.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/12/05 at 10:21 am

Just a thought but are either of you Mac users or know have a friend close by that is one?  If the song on the DVD isn't used as a background for a scene and is the full version, you can get it off the DVD by using a utility called Wire Tap Pro by Ambrosia Software. I did this for a song on the Stigmata DVD since i couldn't find it anywhere.

Hope this helps

Jerry

Written By: Dew Dust on 07/12/05 at 12:04 pm

That is a wonderful idea MetalManiac!  ;D
Thanks so much. 

By the way, MetalManiac--the song you want is far to big for me to email.  For the past days I was trying to find a way to send it to you like cutting the file in half.  But it is such a hassel.  The easiest way to send such big files is via instant chat like MSN.  Let me know.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/12/05 at 7:51 pm

You're welcome.

Let me see if I can remember my MSN name, I haven't used that in so long. I know Yahoo won't do it, think anything over 1 MB they reject.

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/19/05 at 5:39 pm

Can't really help with the song. I sympathise with you though & can totally relate because i've come across this problem before. I have the original 1986 ex-rental VHS of of D.A.R.Y.L. I had no idea there is a DVD release for it. I know there definatly isn't one here in Australia & the movie is totally out of print over here. I love the scene where he's playing the Pole Position game. One of my all time favourite kids movies along with Explorers & Flight Of The Navigator.  Whatever happenened to Barret Oliver? I think i've only ever seen him in Neverending Story & D.A.R.Y.L & then he must have faded into obscurity & stop doing movies.

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/19/05 at 5:51 pm

Actually i'm wrong i've also seen him in the Cocoon movies & there's a very young Barret Oliver in one of the Knight Rider episodes i have on DVD.
A bit of side info not related to this post since i'm on the topic of Knight Rider, there's a Knight Rider episode with KARR the evil version of Kit. Well the voice of KARR is done by the same voice actor who did Optimus Prime's voice in Transformers. He's also the voice over guy on the opening credits of the Voltron Lion Force cartoons.
Sorry i can't help with the song, i wish i could.

Written By: smurfette 101 on 07/21/05 at 10:13 pm

hi this is smurfette, the song sounds familiar, the only song i know is lift us up where we belong, it goes like this .
  who know what tomarrow brings, in a world 2 hearts servive,
all i know is the way i feel, to keep it alive....
the road is long,... their are mountains in our way.. to each step as we climb. ' lift us up where we belong 'where the eagles fly on a mountain high, ' where the clear winds blow...
                  i didnt know for sure if that was the  song or not. sincerely smurfette 101. ;)

Written By: Azza on 07/26/05 at 4:20 am

I know the song it is on the dvd of Daryl and its at the end credits i am currently trying to get it too but too no avail. I know i can tape it on cassette via dvd and plug ins then try to see if i can transfer it to cd somehow if i am desperate. ok let me know too i will see how i go.

Azz

Written By: X on 07/28/05 at 9:54 pm

I bought the DVD about 6 months ago in the childrens section at Best Buy. Barret Oliver plays Jack son on Will and Grace.

Written By: jamie on 05/07/06 at 1:10 am

i have copied it from a movie i have so yes its out there now email me if your interested

Written By: Audie on 08/18/06 at 11:05 am

Hello Jamie.  If you do have the song Somewhere I Belong from Teddy Pendergrass off of the DARYL DVD please send my your e-mail and tell me how much you want for a cd copy of the song.  Thanks alot.

Written By: Daryl on 12/23/06 at 7:55 pm

hi, just let you all know i have been searching for this song as well.  i finally tracked it down and bought the original record soundtrack and burned it to cd for safe keeping.

i can send you all a copy via email if you wish.
this song has so much meaning to me, i've tried to and can't find the lyrics to this song as well, and haven't found them anywhere.

So what follows is what I think they are, until someone can find them written down somewhere out there.

"Somewhere I Belong" sung by Teddy Pendergrass, lyrics written by Dean Pitchford.

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
There's no shelter from the cold,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
Waking up in emptiness alone, alone,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, my home,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me home.

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Make the heartache disappear,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I just can't believe I'm finally here,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me, leading me home,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling, I've got the feeling,
That your love, your love, is leading me home,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, I can call, my home,
Open your heart, open your heart, to me, to me,
That your love, that your love is,
Leading me, leading me home.
Somewhere I Belong.

Disclaimer: These are what I think the lyrics are, until someone can track them down on some other site (If they're even out there at all).

I think I got them right. Feel free to comment.

Update: Just bought the record of this song. It's about 5 minutes long and there are extra lyrics in this longer version.
I will put the extra words in sometime.

Written By: Dew Dust on 12/23/06 at 10:12 pm

This is wonderful news!!!  Especially what a great Christmas gift  ;D
I got your email Daryl and I just had to check in on this.  I am so happy you have found it and made a CD of it.  Again, I would love a copy of it, of course, and I will be willing to give you any song you want ^^  Any which way to help you out for the much help you did for all of us here who really fell in love with that rare song.  Thanks!!  :)

Written By: Jdb34 on 12/30/06 at 11:09 am

Is it possible for you to send me a copy of this also.  A friend of mine just asked me to find this song and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find it.

hi, just let you all know i have been searching for this song as well.  i finally tracked it down and bought the original record soundtrack and burned it to cd for safe keeping.

i can send you all a copy via email if you wish.
this song has so much meaning to me, i've tried to and can't find the lyrics to this song as well, and haven't found them anywhere.

So what follows is what I think they are, until someone can find them written down somewhere out there.

"Somewhere I Belong" sung by Teddy Pendergrass, lyrics written by Dean Pitchford.

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
There's no shelter from the cold,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
Waking up in emptiness alone, alone,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me home.

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Make the heartache disappear,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I just can't believe I'm finally here,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me, leading me home,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
That your love, your love, is leading me home,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, I can call, my home,
Open your heart, open your heart, to me, to me,
That your love, that your love is,
Leading me, leading me home.
Somewhere I Belong.

Disclaimer: These are what I think the lyrics are, until someone can track them down on some other site (If they're even out there at all).

I think I got them right. Feel free to comment.

Update: Just bought the record of this song. It's about 5 minutes long and there are extra lyrics in this longer version.
I will put the extra words in sometime.

Written By: gudutruck on 01/02/07 at 7:40 pm

I have the movie on Video VHS on old tape. I don't if that helps. ???

Written By: roybrownson on 08/21/07 at 11:45 am

Does anyone have the song by Teddy Pendergrass called "Somewhere I Belong" from the movie D.A.R.Y.L. or know where to get it. I really like this song. If anyone can help me get this song please email me to the email ad      listed below.
                                                                      Thanks, Roy Brownson
                                                          Email ad    : roybrownson@yahoo.com

Written By: roybrownson on 08/21/07 at 11:51 am

Does anyone have the song by Teddy Pendergrass called "Somewhere I Belong" from the movie D.A.R.Y.L. or know where to get it. I really like this song. If anyone can help me get this song please email me to the email address     listed below.
                                                                      Thanks, Roy Brownson
                                                           Email address : roybrownson@yahoo.com

Written By: russell on 12/08/11 at 2:18 pm

I would like a copy of this song if anyone can find it ,plz.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/11 at 2:43 pm

I would like a copy of this song if anyone can find it ,plz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5-mTwE1Gw0

Found it!

Check for new replies or respond here...