inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question about music videos from the 80s

Written By: luvthe80s on 07/11/05 at 7:11 pm

:-*
Ok, who can tell me what year Duran Duran recorded "Hungry Like the Wolf?" and also the album "Brothers in Arms," by Dire Straits geez, I can't even remember the name of the song, but they had this computerized video from this album, something about "We got to move these refrigerators, we got to move these color TVs."  Can anybody help jog my memory on this particular song and the year it and the video came out?  Thanks a bunch!!!

Subject: Re: Question about music videos from the 80s

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/11/05 at 8:11 pm

Brothers In Arms came out in '85. The video you're thinking of is Money For Nothing. I loved that! Great song...love those guitars!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/11/05 at 9:37 pm

Brothers In Arms came out in '85. The video you're thinking of is Money For Nothing. I loved that! Great song...love those guitars!

It's a good song and video.

Written By: Skippy on 07/12/05 at 3:52 am

The video you're thinking of is Money For Nothing. I loved that! Great song...love those guitars!

Remember the parody video "Weird" Al Yankovich  did on the movie "UHF" ? The song title was "Beverly Hillbillies".

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/12/05 at 7:53 pm

Weird Al was a riot...always got a kick out of his parodies!

Someone sent me a link to one he must have done recently...using a Backstreet Boys song only singing about e Bay. I was howling  ;D Weird Al rocked!

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/12/05 at 7:58 pm

I've always liked the Dire Straits song and video - just wish the rest of the BIA album rocked more like that does, as well as the other hits "Walk of Life" and "So Far Away".

The rest is mostly jazz-like down-tempo stuff - I guess of the three hits "So Far Away" is probably the closest representation of how the full album sounds, but far catchier IMO.

Weird Al was a riot...always got a kick out of his parodies!

Someone sent me a link to one he must have done recently...using a Backstreet Boys song only singing about e Bay. I was howling ;D Weird Al rocked!

Yeah, you'd be hard-pressed to come up with a bigger Al fan than me. I remember I liked that one instantly when it was integrated into his UHF movie, LOL.

I think of "Ebay" everytime I search for stuff there too.

Check for new replies or respond here...