inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please Help Me Figure out this TOY!!

Written By: JT on 07/11/05 at 11:18 pm

Hello, and Thank You for reading this and trying to help me.  I remember this toy from my childhood and cannot remember the name of it.  In the commercial, animated animals would knock on the child's door and leave a small, green, plastic, tackle-box.  Inside were Large index cards with different animals information.  You would start out with a pack of approximately five or ten cards.  Then every month, you would receive a newsletter with games inside, and a new set of informational index cards.  Does anyone remember this toy?  I had one, but it has been so long ago.  I think I received mine around 1984-85.  Please help me find the name of this toy, so I can begin my search to research it more.  Thank you for your help. 

Subject: Re: Please Help Me Figure out this TOY!!

Written By: pell on 07/12/05 at 1:15 am

Hello, and Thank You for reading this and trying to help me.  I remember this toy from my childhood and cannot remember the name of it.  In the commercial, animated animals would knock on the child's door and leave a small, green, plastic, tackle-box.  Inside were Large index cards with different animals information.  You would start out with a pack of approximately five or ten cards.  Then every month, you would receive a newsletter with games inside, and a new set of informational index cards.  Does anyone remember this toy?  I had one, but it has been so long ago.  I think I received mine around 1984-85.  Please help me find the name of this toy, so I can begin my search to research it more.  Thank you for your help. 

I had these. It wasn't a toy, though. It was a green box with cards of animals, like you said. You would get the cards in every month and I think you had to decide if you wanted to keep them or send them back. The cards had a picture on the front and scientific information on the back about the animal. I think they were even color coded so that you could organize them by kingdom, etc. I learned so much about animals with these cards. I'll try to find something on the Net and post a link.

Check for new replies or respond here...