inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Debbie Gibson pics from Chicago concert

Written By: racer on 07/13/05 at 8:45 am

Thanks to a Maddie for this link, I thought it would be cool to share this with everyone. I was at the show and it was such a great performance. I live just a few blocks from the venue and went with 7 other friends. When I first heard of the show, I was a little surprised (along with everyone in Chicago), that she was playing at the Cubby Bear. The bar is the "home bar" of the Chicago Cubs...very jockish, sports oriented....not the place you would think Debbie Gibson would play.

Well, I didn't think that many people would go because there wasn't much promotion for the show. The night of the show I was blown away at how many people were there. I thought there were going to be a bunch of weirdos directly from the 80s, but to everyone's surprise there was a mix of girls, guys, gay, straight, old and young. I remember it was VERY HOT inside. With the crowd of about 400 in a room on a scorching summer night, it was very uncomfortable.

Gibson took the stage around 11pm and opened with Electric Youth. Such a great opener, the crowd went nuts. That was one of my favorite performances. Not sure of the order, but she sang Out of the Blue, Foolish Beat, No More Rhyme, On My Own, Free Me, Will You Love Me Tomorrow, and a few Broadway tunes. When she broke out with Shake Your Love, the energy of the crowd was CRAZY!!! That was one of the highlights, my friends and I went wild with that one. Later she belted out Lost In Your Eyes....WOW, I don't think there was one person not singing along. It sounded like a chorus. Within seconds, the kid from 80s in all of us came out. She closed out the show with Only In My Dreams. There was an encore, but by that point, I was a little tipsy.  :o

Overall, it was an amazing show. Afterwards, we went bar hopping and proudly walked up to everyone (strangers) and said we saw Debbie Gibson in concert. We got a lot of rolling eyes, but that didn't faze us, we had an absolute blast. For days after, that is all my friends and I talked about.

The end.

http://cubbybear.com/wrigleyville/debbie.shtml

Subject: Re: Debbie Gibson pics from Chicago concert

Written By: woops on 07/13/05 at 8:53 am

8) Great that you had fun, sounds like it was a great show

Written By: racer on 07/13/05 at 9:43 am

Here are pics my buddy sent me. We met some chick who promised us these pictures.

http://nivasgigs.net/debgibson.html

Written By: woops on 07/13/05 at 5:39 pm

Deb looks hot!, as usual  8)  :-*

Written By: nondiva234 on 07/14/05 at 12:50 pm

I was expecting backup dancers, lol. But she has outgrown backup cheesy dancing. She does look hawt!

Written By: Howard on 07/14/05 at 2:22 pm

hot and sexy,I'd say. :o

Written By: Bobby Allen on 07/25/05 at 6:39 am

I was at the concert too and boy was she ever hot. Age graced her very well. I thought she was good looking back in the 8-'s and early 90's, but damn does she ever look great now. The show was great and it is nice to see some pics of the shows floating around. Thanks to whoever got them for us.

BOB

Written By: woops on 07/25/05 at 6:38 pm

I was at the concert too and boy was she ever hot. Age graced her very well. I thought she was good looking back in the 8-'s and early 90's, but darn does she ever look great now. The show was great and it is nice to see some pics of the shows floating around. Thanks to whoever got them for us.

BOB

Second  ;)

Though I was too young when she came "Out of the Blue"...

(Then)
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Park/7255/18.jpg

Now...see above pics  :-*  8)

Written By: STAR70 on 07/26/05 at 6:33 pm

Second  ;)

Though I was too young when she came "Out of the Blue"...

(Then)
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Park/7255/18.jpg

Now...see above pics  :-*  8)

totally hot!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...