inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bill and Ted's Excellcent Adventure

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/17/05 at 1:49 pm

Has anyone here seen Bill and Ted's Excellcent Adventure? I got it on DVD recently, and it's one of my favorite films.

"It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."

Subject: Re: Bill and Ted's Excellcent Adventure

Written By: Todd on 07/17/05 at 10:17 pm

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is a great flick!  Well, Im partial because my favorite Go-Go is in it!  Jane Wiedlin stars as Joan of Arc in that movie, you know...NOAH's WIFE!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/17/05 at 10:31 pm

I love that movie!! I think the original "Bill & Ted" is much better then the sequel.  I used to have a mad crush on Bill (Alex Winter).....

here's an updated pic of him

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/20/37/12m.jpg

Erin :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/17/05 at 10:32 pm

My favorite scene in the film is when Napoleon is at the water park, I also like the scene where Bill and Ted try to break the historical personages from police station, especially with the trash can!  ;D

"OK wait. If you guys are really us, what number are we thinking of? "
"69, dudes."
"Whoa."

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/18/05 at 11:49 am

Me, my girlfriend, her friend & her boyfriend recently had DVD night & we hired Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure & Wayne's World. After it i was discussing how i thought Bill & Ted's was a much better film, slightly less cheesier & had a little more story to it. This did not go over well with my girlfriend as she thought Wayne's World was better & she liked it a lot more. Not that it really matters, but in the end she was outvoted by everyone in the room.
Anyhow there was a song in Bill & Ted's called Play With Me by Extreme. It had one of the craziest guitar solos ever. It was a classical song turned into a metal/hardrock guitar solo. I remember being very impressed by it when i first saw the film. The song is featured in the bit where there's a montage where Beethoven is on the keyboard in the music store, Joan Of Arc is going nuts in the aerobics class & all the other historical figures are being captured by police. That song really compliments that scene. Great film that i have very fond memories of.

Written By: BCRichrocker on 07/18/05 at 12:35 pm

Oh Yes, This is one of the classic 80s teen movies. I can really relate to it as I was a guitar playing rocker kid who grew up in So. Cal. in that era. I even graduated HS the same year Bill & Ted were supposed to (1988) in the movie so it really hits home and plays a lot of nostalgia for me. I especially like the fashion the girls from the Dark Ages had after they were brought to the future by B&T. That is what is "modern" to me and not the neo-hippie look that is like 30-40 years old and that the 1990's ushered in and hasn't completely departed yet. If only women looked like they did in that movie that now. :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/06 at 11:56 pm

I loved Bill and Ted

The soundtrack had "Breakaway" by Big Pig, which was a very massive hit in the UK and here in Canada

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/04/06 at 1:02 am

I love Bill and Ted. Bogus Journey is probably even a little better.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/04/06 at 2:30 am

I saw it at the theatre and I enjoyed it. I thought it had some good history lessons, too  ;D

Written By: ralfy on 08/16/16 at 11:51 am

"25 Years Ago, Keanu Reeves Had One of the Craziest Weeks in Movie History"

http://screencrush.com/25-years-reeves-bogus-journey-point-break/

Check for new replies or respond here...