inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone remember the name of this show?

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/18/05 at 4:46 pm

Can anyone remember the name of this TV show from about the mid 80s i think? I can't for the life of me remember the name of the show. OK i'll attept to describe it as best i can. The show was about a guy who could change into animals. I remember he could change into a panther, an eagle & i think a dolphin. The transformation scene reminded me of the 70s Incredible Hulk TV show. My only vague memory of the show is the guy changing into a panther (his most common transformation) & seeing a close up of his hand changing as the veins pulsated in his hand & his hand began to morph into a panther's claw. It's weird because i remember every other TV show from the 80s very vividly & it's not like i'm to young to remember it, but for some reason my memories of this show are so vague it's like trying to remember a dream i had over 6 months ago or something. I know i didn't dream this or something like that because i mentioned it to my brother (one year younger) & he remembers it to, but just can't remember the name of the show. This question would probably be best answered by someone in their 30s because i'm 28 & i remember very little about it. PLEASE HELP 

Subject: Re: Can anyone remember the name of this show?

Written By: Ashley Tisdale's A Cutie on 07/18/05 at 4:51 pm

Manimal

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/18/05 at 5:04 pm

Oh thanks :) i think that could be it. It definatly sounds right.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/18/05 at 5:12 pm

It also sounds like Beastmaster.

Written By: cafe80s on 07/18/05 at 6:21 pm

No way, i don't remember Beastmaster but i just looked it up & on the DVD cover the main character looks like He-man or something LOL & that's Definatly not it at all  LOL ;D. No it definatly sounds more like manimal, because the main character was just a normal average guy from the present (back then) except he had the ability to change into animals & the transformation secquence looked very much like the old 70s Incredible Hulk TV series. It had nothing to do with a barbarian type figure in a mythical land Hercules style or anything like that.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/18/05 at 6:48 pm

It was Manimal, a short lived TV series about a man who could change into a hawk or panther (no dolphin), Beastmaster (which ended becoming a short lived TV series in the late 90's) was one of many cheap Conan knock offs made during the early 80's, and was about Dar, a warrior who could communicate with animals, and had the vision of a hawk.

And oh yeah... for some weird reason Beastmaster was shown over and over again, on TBS, or as many called it at one point, The Beastmaster Station.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...