inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone remember this toy? PLEASE HELP

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/18/05 at 5:01 pm

Ok the best way i can describe this toy is they were similar to He-man figurines except the whole front of them was flat & holographic. What i mean by flat is if you got a very sharp blade & sliced the whole front of your He-man figurine off then it would resemble this toy somewhat. Then on the flat part there was holographic surface & when you moved the figurine around you'd see a 3D image of that character on the front flat holographic surface of the figurines. Unusual concept for a toy, but it rang a bell when my brother described these figurines & asked me if i remembered what they were called. I just couldn't for the life of me remember the name of these figurines. Sound familiar? PLEASE HELP

Subject: Re: Can anyone remember this toy? PLEASE HELP

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/18/05 at 5:13 pm

Was it Visionaries, Knights of the Magical Light figures? I found this web site with the tv ad for them

http://www.retrojunk.com/media/135/showall/

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/18/05 at 5:29 pm

Not sure, it looks like it could be it, but i'd need to see a photo of one of the toys, then i'd know for sure whether it is or not.

Written By: robby76 on 07/19/05 at 11:03 am

Sounds very much like Visionaries, although Visionaries were GI Joe size (just under 4 inches) and not He-Man size if that makes sense.

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/19/05 at 12:10 pm

I can't remember what size they were, but to my recollection i was sure they were about He-man size, at least i think. It was soooooo long ago. I never owned one, i just remember seeing them on the shelf at the shops when ever i went to browse at or choose a new He-man figurine. I'm sure i drove my dad nuts with me & my He-man toys & if that wasn't enough  then Transformers came along. God damb it i wanna go back, where's Doc Brown when you need him  :D :D

Written By: robby76 on 07/19/05 at 10:54 pm

Ha ha! I swear I had a different "fad" every week too. I was one toy fanatic and begged the folks to buy me all i wanted. Luckily i had an older brother and 2 older sisters, so they'd buy in too.

I actually never owned a Visionaries figure but i too remember them in shops. Cafe 80's why don't u sign up as a proper member of this board instead of beign a guest.

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/20/05 at 7:57 am

yeah you're right i should register. I guess i'm just lazy. Will do that now. :)

Written By: Joe on 07/24/05 at 11:49 pm

Another toy that used the holograms were Tonkas' Super Naturals line.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/25/05 at 12:40 am

Another toy that used the holograms were Tonkas' Super Naturals line.

I owned one, you could take it's chest plate armour and it had a hologram that changed underneath it, I thought that at the time it was on of the most coolest toys I owned.

Check for new replies or respond here...