inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP: Anyone know the name of this cartoon?

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/20/05 at 10:04 am

Ok the cartoon could have actually been from the 70s but i remember it was on TV in Australia really early in the morning the year i started school in 1984. I think it was possibly a Hana Barbera cartoon. I was about this Barberian type figure who rode a winged dinosaur & had a little kid barberian as his sidekick. No it wasn't Captain Caveman, my friend already suggested that. It's not really much like Captain Caveman at all. It was actually closer to He-man if anything. Any ideas people?   

Subject: Re: HELP: Anyone know the name of this cartoon?

Written By: robby76 on 07/20/05 at 10:15 am

That would be the classic series The Herculoids! They had those luminous green blobs with them too. However there was also Thundarr The Barbarian.

Here's a pic of the newly released action figure line...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/miester30/zokzandor.jpg

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/20/05 at 10:24 am

Thanks  :) It actually sounds more like Thundarr The Barberian. I loved that cartoon & i've never forgoten it becuse it was the year i started school. Pettycoat Junction was on straight after, i hated that show hehe. 

Written By: Dariana on 07/25/05 at 1:45 am

It was the Herculoids.  Thundarr the Barbarian was the same character, but he rode a horse and had other sidekicks in that show. 

Check for new replies or respond here...