inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Class Of 1984

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/20/05 at 10:40 am

Anyone remember the movie Class Of 1984. Love that movie. I've got the original old exrental video which i found & bought last year & i'm watching it right now. It just got released on DVD this month here in Australia.  There's a really young Micheal J Fox in it. Also has an Alice Cooper song called I Am The Future. Theres some "real" punk rock in the movie aswell by bands Fear & Teenage Head. I love the scene with the Teenage Head gig, it looks so violent & everyones goin right off. The whole movie is pretty violent & quite graphic. If you haven't seen it i highly recomend it.

Subject: Re: Class Of 1984

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/20/05 at 5:24 pm

I have a different opinon about it...  ::)

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/22/05 at 12:43 am

What ever man, it's a cult classic. You just can't appreciate it because you were/are part of a different subculture or not part of any so you can't relate or understand it on the same level as some people might. Just like i hate all these movies coming out lately with a hip hop theme or attitude in them.  Every movie now has to have the token "supposed badass" black guy, rapper turned actor. Can't relate & i find it corny & vile. At least in Class Of 1984 the bad kids are truly bad & menacing & not wannabe badasses.  

Written By: smurfette 101 on 07/22/05 at 9:09 pm

you  k now    what i agree with you 100%, right on, because
they come out with the cornest movies now,  theirs nothing like the 80s , and there is no comparison,  they 80s is gone but the memories will stay with you, matter of fact, i have a movie i watch 0nce
or twice a week, and you know it as well, its romancing the stone with micheal douglous, its one of my all time movies, but theres others of course.
your an alright cool guy,    from smurfette 101

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/23/05 at 5:20 am

I remember it being shown at our drive-in but I dont remember much other than it being pretty violent. The movie poster was good tho - I have a huge copy - 2metres wide.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/23/05 at 6:20 pm

I'm gonna have to see if I can rent this. Sounds right up my alley. Sort of like  a modern remake of Clockwork Orange???

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/26/05 at 11:16 am

Hey MetalManiac, the movie is not a remake it or a modern film. It actually came out in 1982 predicting how voilent schools become in the years that would proceed 1982, metal detectors at entrances, gangs etc etc.
Oh & thanks Smufette 101, i'm just very oppinionated & choose to have my own idendtity rather that change with the times. :)  Who says we have to, who made up that unspoken rule & who's gonna enforce it. I do what i want & who gives a f*** if something is outdated & not considered the hottest freshest thing around. Does that really make something better or an improvement on what was before. Hell no, that's far from the truth.  Why are vinyl records still being used by DJs. They can't be that inferior if they are still being used. Ok technology is maybe not the best example, but why are they trying to remake (very badly) so many movies, TV shows & cartoon shows from that era. Could it be that hollywood is realising their urban youth, baby goth, wannabe pop punk marketing machine they call movies suck really bad & that they are running out of ideas. Seems to me there's a huge 80s revival happening in the last 2 years, hmmmmmmm i wonder why.  :P

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/26/05 at 6:52 pm

Hey MetalManiac, the movie is not a remake it or a modern film. It actually came out in 1982 predicting how voilent schools become in the years that would proceed 1982, metal detectors at entrances, gangs etc etc.

No dude...I was just sayin' it sounded something along the lines of A Clockwork Orange to me...an ultra violent futuristic society.

Oh..and I agree with you 110% on vinyl. I was never a fan of CD's...I like the warmth that vinyl had and nothing but nothing could beat the gatefold albums, the picture disks, the shaped 45's. And some CD's still have backward masking...King Diamond's VooDoo has it....for those of us in the USA, that's senseless...you can't spin a CD backwards and there's precious few record stores to go to anymore to get vinyl. Haven't spoken to a good friend of mine in England  in a long time so I'm not sure if they can still buy vinyl or not. Used to be cool...expensive but cool...to buy the albums from different countries because the artwork was often different between them. I'll never forget getting Japanese albums...the vinyl they pressed was the best...very heavy and sounded awesome.

Written By: Jodie on 07/30/05 at 7:42 pm

Hey,finally someone who remembes this movie i bought an ex rental last year and watch it over and over DEFINETLY an 80s classic in my opinion too! :)

Subject: Class Of 1984

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 5:34 am

I havent seen this one but I have seen part 2 (CLASS OF 1999) and I love it!!! (Class of 1999 II sucked)

Check for new replies or respond here...