inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s jeans

Written By: smurfette 101 on 07/20/05 at 10:08 pm

I had a pair of the tightest jordache jeans i ever had, i had to zip them up with a hanger, but oh
my they made my butt look  good, ''  but didnt they all.  from smurfette 101.

Subject: Re: 80s jeans

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/21/05 at 9:31 am

Tight stretch jeans are back in fashion here in Australia. Lee Jeans have released a pair called Lee Stovepipe Stretch Jeans & the girls version of the exact same jeans are called Lee Supa Tubes. Levis have also released a pair called Levis Tuff Skinny Jeans for both men & women. Damb do they look good & they are very tight. For about 15 or more years it's been impossible to get jeans for men that are this tight. Not sure if they are available in the U.S. or other countries though.
http://file://localhost/C:/My Downloads/Lee Stovepipe Stretch Jeans.jpg

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/21/05 at 10:17 am

Heres a link to the Lee Jeans site. When the homepage loads it shows a photo of those tight stretch jeans in a massive full page advert. The hompage itself is an advert for the particular jeans i speak of. You have to scroll down a bit though to get a full view of actual jeans, otherwise you'll only see the top half of the guy modeling them. The other clothes the model is wearing don't look very 80s at all, but the jeans themselves are very 80s indeed. For some reason it won't allow me to insert the image in this post. So here's the link instead:
http://www.leejeans.com.au/
Like i said i have no idea if this jeans are available worldwide, this is the Australian site.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/21/05 at 6:47 pm

I'll have to look and see if they can be had in Boston. I don't mind well fitting jeans but I'm not sure I can handle having to be poured into my jeans anymore.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/21/05 at 10:48 pm

I love tight jeans!!  If I'm walking and I can feel the jeans hitting my leg as I'm walking, it is very irritating.  Especially the ankles have to be tight.

I have several pairs of the old Jordache jeans, along with Sasson, Gloria Vanderbilt, Sergio Valente, etc.

Still looking for a pair of BonJour & Caribene jeans.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/22/05 at 8:06 am

I love tight jeans!!  If I'm walking and I can feel the jeans hitting my leg as I'm walking, it is very irritating.  Especially the ankles have to be tight.

I have several pairs of the old Jordache jeans, along with Sasson, Gloria Vanderbilt, Sergio Valente, etc.

Uh Oh Sergio.... ;D Those jeans had some cool stitching on the back pockets. Oddly enough, I have an 80's CD full of old commercials. Jordache is on there, first track I think, but Sergio Valente isn't.

I like tight jeans, just not so tight that I can't breathe

Written By: Cafe80s on 07/26/05 at 11:58 am

The Lee one's i mentioned above aren't very tight around the waist & you can breath in them. They are only a tight fit around the legs. They are a low waist jean. When i first put them on i pulled them up to where i would pull a normal high waist jean & did my belt up tight, but i was very uncomfortable & my balls were getting crushed. Then i realised that if i undid my belt one notch & let them sit about 1cm lower on my waist they were quite comfortable & my nut sack wasn't getting a wedgy from underneath anymore. They weren't made to be pulled up to the point were the under part of the crotch area between the legs is touching the under part of one's nut sack. After a week of wear they do stretch so its best to go for pretty tight even if you think they look too tight & aren't that comfortable, otherwise once they stretch you'll loose the look you were after in the first place & they'll get baggy around the knees. They look awesome though, they're like a Sid Vicious looking jean. My girlfreind thinks they look hot so they got here approval.  ;) :P

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/26/05 at 6:40 pm

I'll have to check into them then. I only had one pair of low rise jeans I got last year by accident so I can relate to the nut sack wedgies. I think they're in the basement nonw being used as rags for my stained glass projects....didn't feel comfortable in them.

Written By: Rob on 01/09/08 at 2:52 pm

I just found some wicked tight jeans on the net and have ordered them - can't wait to get them!

Ceck them out :  http://www.findcoolclothes.com/01779.html

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/09/08 at 7:58 pm

I saved the Calvin Klein and Sasson jeans my mother used to wear in the early 80's. I think they're really cute!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/09/08 at 9:34 pm

Also popular then - "jeans" of other materials.  For example:

- Leather jeans
- Suede jeans
- Velvet jeans
- Corduroy (sp?) jeans
- Other various materials, like tweed or herringbone

As I recall, all were "tight" fit  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/10/08 at 12:42 am

Remember that movie 'So Fine' with Ryan O'Neal where he accidentally rips the ass out of his jeans, and it suddenly becomes a fashion craze? 

Jeans were a big thing in the 80s.  I always thought those ones with the white stripes up the side looked really bad

Written By: Sansbel on 03/28/08 at 6:49 pm

Hi! Do you have any size 30 inseam 32-34  Sasson jeans you'd like to sell?  Also, looking for the original Sasson Jeans ad with blonde girl and lightning bolts and also Jack Scalia ads for Jordache Jeans?

Written By: Sansbel on 03/28/08 at 6:52 pm

I saved the Calvin Klein and Sasson jeans my mother used to wear in the early 80's. I think they're really cute!

Hi! looking for the original Sasson jeans ad with red jeans and blue top and Jordache Jeans ad with the sexy Jack Scalia on it!  Also, any Sasson jeans size 30 inseam 32-34.... :D

Written By: Atari on 03/28/08 at 11:44 pm

The Lee one's i mentioned above aren't very tight around the waist & you can breath in them. They are only a tight fit around the legs. They are a low waist jean. When i first put them on i pulled them up to where i would pull a normal high waist jean & did my belt up tight, but i was very uncomfortable & my balls were getting crushed. Then i realised that if i undid my belt one notch & let them sit about 1cm lower on my waist they were quite comfortable & my nut sack wasn't getting a wedgy from underneath anymore. They weren't made to be pulled up to the point were the under part of the crotch area between the legs is touching the under part of one's nut sack. After a week of wear they do stretch so its best to go for pretty tight even if you think they look too tight & aren't that comfortable, otherwise once they stretch you'll loose the look you were after in the first place & they'll get baggy around the knees. They look awesome though, they're like a Sid Vicious looking jean. My girlfreind thinks they look hot so they got here approval.  ;) :P

Yeah... I could do without the male cameltoe too. Regular fit Levi's, made in China for me, thanks...

Written By: Entouch on 03/30/08 at 8:43 pm

Hey everyone, fashion jeans were very popular in the early eighties. I remember my mom's Gloria Vanderbelt jeans but to me I thought it made your but look flat. My favorite was Sergio Valente, Jordache( making a comeback) Talelords (what happened to them?) and of course Lee jeans. In those days spending 40 to 50 bucks was considered alot of money but today women dont mind spending close to $200 dollars for a pair of jeans.  The most I spent was close to 100 dollars for one pair of jeans. 8-P

Written By: Gis on 03/31/08 at 2:34 pm

In the U.K we had a brand called 'Smart R's', we used to go into the changing rooms and you'd have to lie on the floor and breath in whilst your friend zipped them up.  ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/31/08 at 3:04 pm

'member striped jeans?  like Valentine's Day stripes?  i 'member seein dem on people like in Febuary.  they waz hot!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...