inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Romper Room

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 6:41 am

Do you guys remember the show, "Romper Room"?  I know it ran from the late 50's to the early 90's, but I put it in the 80's because that is when I watched it as a child.  I remember Miss Molly and her mirror that she would look through at the end of the show...I always sat there and waited for her to say, "I see, Erin"...but she never did :-\\.  Also, remember those yellow bucket stilts with the green rubbery string handles they used to have on there? I had a pair of those when I was younger...they were so much fun!

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Romper Room

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/21/05 at 2:27 pm

Yeah, I remember that show! Different stations around the country had their own Miss Soandsos. On WCYB in Bristol, Va., it was Miss Ann. It was during my headstart days that I watched it a lot, and I think it ran until maybe 1976 or 77 here.

Written By: eightieschick53 on 07/21/05 at 4:29 pm

I remember that show! I think I watched it when I was 5, 6 and maybe 7. When I watched it, it was a blonde woman that was the host. Also, remember Paddington Bear would make appearences ever so often  :) Also, there was this bee that would make appearences too, but I can't remember his name.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/05 at 4:49 pm

I've always wondered if Romper Room was on DVD yet? ???

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/21/05 at 6:40 pm

;D ;D ;D Those yellow bucket stilt things...I had those....my grandmother was positive I was going to fall down and break my neck. LOL! I forgot about those...they were cool

Written By: jiminy on 07/21/05 at 6:46 pm

Do you guys remember the show, "Romper Room"?  I know it ran from the late 50's to the early 90's, but I put it in the 80's because that is when I watched it as a child.  I remember Miss Molly and her mirror that she would look through at the end of the show...I always sat there and waited for her to say, "I see, Erin"...but she never did :-\\.  Also, remember those yellow bucket stilts with the green rubbery string handles they used to have on there? I had a pair of those when I was younger...they were so much fun!

mom stopped letting me watch it i'd get so pissed off that she couldn't see me and i was right in front of the damn TV. how could she not see me? The damn bitch had to be blind, she saw my sister at least twice and this made me more angry, mom said, she will see you next time but she never did  ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/21/05 at 10:38 pm

Howard, if you want to watch Romper Room on DVD you are in serious need of a mental exam! :D :o ::)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/21/05 at 10:44 pm

i grew up in the 70s watching it on CBC..gotta love Do Bee  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 11:51 pm

mom stopped letting me watch it i'd get so pissed off that she couldn't see me and i was right in front of the damn TV. how could she not see me? The damn bitch had to be blind, she saw my sister at least twice and this made me more angry, mom said, she will see you next time but she never did  ;D

OMG!! I know! I used to get all MAD too! Like she NEVER saw, Erin before....ya right!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/22/05 at 10:15 am

i grew up in the 70s watching it on CBC..gotta love Do Bee  :D

I remember the same version.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/05 at 12:04 pm

I remember Romper Room. I was always upset because because she never saw ME in her "magic mirror".  BTW, those yellow "stilts" were called Romper Stompers. We made our own out of Hawaiian Punch cans.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 2:30 pm

Howard, if you want to watch Romper Room on DVD you are in serious need of a mental exam! :D :o ::)

Yes,I sure am. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/23/05 at 3:21 am

OMG!! I know! I used to get all MAD too! Like she NEVER saw, Erin before....ya right!!

the only reason you even watch the show is for her to see you at the end, i really can't remember anything about the show except her magic mirror  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/23/05 at 10:20 am

She never saw me, either.  I was pretty disappointed in her...I was the only one in the room and she never saw Dagny.  I wonder why? ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 3:22 pm

http://www.tvparty.com/vgifs17/romper200-1.jpg

"Hey,I see Jiminy"  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/23/05 at 3:32 pm

"Hey,I see Jiminy"  ;D

nicely done,Howard  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 3:44 pm

nicely done,Howard  8)

Thanks KTel.It was from TV Party. :)

Written By: jiminy on 07/23/05 at 5:04 pm

"Hey,I see Jiminy"  ;D

it's to dam late now  ;D

Written By: kairi747 on 07/26/05 at 12:11 pm

it's to dam late now  ;D

hey jiminy, it's never too late to be seen by 'ole what's-her-name.  now thank howard for introducing you and maove on with life!

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 07/27/05 at 12:34 am

I remember the show from my early days.  I always thought of it as being a sort of regional program because I went there with my twin brother on one of our birthdays.  We went to the Moline, IL (WQAD?) studio, and the hostess was called Miss Peggy.(Looking back, she was a real hottie :)  We had to sit in these small bleachers hold up these cards telling how old we were, but I don't remember her announcing it on air, it's been so long ago.

Also, in the same studio, the Captain Ernie show was taped.  I think that this may have been a local children's show, also.  It featured the adventures of a steamboat captain named Ernie.  That was his real name, and he turned out to be the ex-husband of my high school English teacher.  Any of you ever heard of such a program?

Check for new replies or respond here...