inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Funniest Film Actor of the 80's

Written By: iluvthe80s on 07/22/05 at 7:28 am

I pick Bill Murray, who I thought was hilarious in Meatballs and Scrooged, followed by Eddie Murphy, who I loved in the Beverly Hills Cop films.  :)

I also thought Chevy Chase was hysterical in the Vacation movies, as well.  ;D

Subject: Re: Funniest Film Actor of the 80's

Written By: holicman on 07/22/05 at 7:35 am

Eddie murphy was cool  :D

Written By: iluvthe80s on 07/22/05 at 7:57 am

I humbly apologize for my list of names being so short: I forgot about Steve Martin, John Candy, and Robin Williams.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/22/05 at 12:27 pm

Steve Martin for definite, plus he's totally gorgeous to look at too.

Also Gene Wilder, he makes me think he's just about to burst out laughing everytime I look at his face.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/22/05 at 5:56 pm

Yeah,  I would say that John Candy was one of the hottest comedic actors of the 1980's. Chevy Chase was excellent. I'd say Billy Crystal, too, but he had less output than some of the others.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/23/05 at 11:24 am

Eddie Murphy

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/23/05 at 11:33 am

John Candy

Written By: robby76 on 07/23/05 at 11:45 am

I voted Eddie Murphy and the legendary John Candy!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/23/05 at 2:19 pm

Chevy Chase and Bill Murray

Written By: deemoe7301 on 07/23/05 at 3:58 pm

Bill Murray makes my stomach hurt from laughing up to this day. (check out 'The Royal Tenenbaums'). Pretty much every movie he's done from 'Meatballs' to 'The Life Aquatic', I'm in love with. He's probably one of the greatest comedian/actors  alive!  ;)

Eddie Murphy was a pure comic genius, eventhough more than half of the movies he made are less than great. Nonetheless, Eddies' matchless when it comes to make-up characters and being a con artist.. Another stomach ache! ;D

John Candy was an outstanding comedic actor!  His comedic timing and boyish charm was awesome on screen! There's a lot of John's in the world...but only one John Candy. I'll always miss him. :\'(

Billy Cystal... Probably the last of the Bob Hopes and Milton Berles of our time. He has that old sytle humor and classly delivery you DON'T see too often in comedy today.  One of the greatest storytellers and one-liner pro's of our generation! :)

I could go on...but I stop here. :)

Subject: Funniest Film Actor of the 80's

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 5:29 am

I picked Clark Griswald (Vacation 1,2 and 3) and Axel (Beverly hills cop 1 and 2)

Ah man!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/18 at 5:34 am

Robin Williams

Check for new replies or respond here...