inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eugene

Written By: jfalberg on 07/22/05 at 9:58 am

I am trying to find this song from the early 80's called "Eugene" on MP3 and cannot seem to find it anywhere.  In my search, I have at least determined it was sung by a group called Crazy Joe & the Variable Speed Band, and there was a line in it as "I'm a cool dude in a loose mood".  Any references shall be gratefully appreciated.

Subject: Re: Eugene

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/05 at 12:18 pm

Believe it or not, I actually remember that song. "My name is Euuuuu gggggene"

I found the record (not MP3) on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4741655032&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

Cat

Written By: jfalberg on 07/25/05 at 7:01 am

I'm surprised this song is not that easily available as I have long given away my record turntable.  Even though I have not heard that song since it got lots of airplay back in the early 80s, that song has raised lots of curiousity as of lately.

Written By: jfalberg on 07/27/05 at 8:33 am

Has anybody heard this song as of lately?  If this is available online in the form of an MP3 or even on a CD, please let me know, thanks.

Written By: jfalberg on 07/29/05 at 8:16 am

I find it so hard to believe this song cannot seem to be found anywhere except on the old-fashion record.  I would think there would at least be a CD available with this song.

Check for new replies or respond here...