inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: hot 80s clothes, tell me about yours?

Written By: smurfette 101 on 07/22/05 at 2:26 pm

i wore the levis stone washed jeans and sleevles sweaters,and my pants were rolled upat the ankles with pink flats,  thats was the my style then very cute and  sassy. :D :)

Subject: Re: hot 80s clothes, tell me about yours?

Written By: Todd on 07/22/05 at 4:41 pm

Well. I was really into "new wave" and rockabilly in the 80s.  So, most of my clothes involved suit pants or black jeans, blazers with skinny neckties and band pins on the lapels.  I also had my share of wild shirts that buttoned up one side or at an angle (in my Flock of Seagulls look phase..)   But...being into crossdressing too.. I also loved my petticoat skirts and 50s-style polka dot dresses with full skirts.  Drop waist miniskirts and "rah-rah" skirts were also faves of mine (and I wore them with colored or striped tights..see my pic at the left)  The 80s were amazing for clothing options available...I still have lots of my things from then!

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/22/05 at 7:36 pm

oh dear..you really wanna know?mahaha..aside from having short high-heeled leather boots and matching purses in an array of colours,lots of mint green and pale pink comes to mind..some jersey-knit stuff..

one outfit in particular was my fave..a pale pink cotton jacket..very fitted at the waist and a bit of a flare at the hip..worn with a purple mini-skirt and white belt over the jacket to match my white pumps  ;D

Written By: Mare on 07/22/05 at 7:56 pm

oh dear..you really wanna know?mahaha..aside from having short high-heeled leather boots and matching purses in an array of colours,lots of mint green and pale pink comes to mind..some jersey-knit stuff..

one outfit in particular was my fave..a pale pink cotton jacket..very fitted at the waist and a bit of a flare at the hip..worn with a purple mini-skirt and white belt over the jacket to match my white pumps  ;D

I got the picture Ree! I was more of the Huge Hounds Tooth, Yellow and Black 3/4 length skirt(Le Chateau of course), Black sleevless turleneck, granny boots and boy george hat...oh don't for get black gloves!

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/22/05 at 7:58 pm

I got the picture Ree!

*prays she doesn't mean for real* :-[ ;D ;)

Written By: Mare on 07/22/05 at 8:00 pm

*prays she doesn't mean for real* :-[ ;D ;)

I don't but you probably do!  ::) ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/22/05 at 8:01 pm

I don't but you probably do!  ::) ;D

thank god,no i don't..however,pretty sure your houndstooth is featured in a certain box of 80s photos  8)

Written By: Mare on 07/22/05 at 8:05 pm

thank god,no i don't..however,pretty sure your houndstooth is featured in a certain box of 80s photos  8)

Not only featured in a Picture, my sister has it in her costume stock along with my jean mini skirt, matching sleevless vest, fake leather jumpsuit and balloon pants with just enough room for me to squeeze my foot through the ankle opening.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/22/05 at 8:08 pm

Not only featured in a Picture, my sister has it in her costume stock along with my jean mini skirt, matching sleevless vest, fake leather jumpsuit and balloon pants with just enough room for me to squeeze my foot through the ankle opening.

hilarious!halloween is just around the corner... ;D

Written By: Mare on 07/22/05 at 8:11 pm

hilarious!halloween is just around the corner... ;D

Just tell me you didn't wear the white pumps with jeans! Did they have little bows at the back?

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/22/05 at 8:15 pm

Just tell me you didn't wear the white pumps with jeans! Did they have little bows at the back?

no..i didn't really do jeans so much..but i did have short green boots with bow things on the sides(removeable even)and tall 'ice' coloured ones with the same bow deal..can't imagine how i traipsed around in those heels day in day out..i even wore white pumps with my navy polyester Marks & Spencer unimform(dress)..now you know that must have looked like the cat's ass.. ::)

Written By: Mare on 07/22/05 at 8:16 pm

no..i didn't really do jeans so much..but i did have short green boots with bow things on the sides(removeable even)and tall 'ice' coloured ones with the same bow deal..can't imagine how i traipsed around in those heels day in day out..i even wore white pumps with my navy polyester Marks & Spencer unimform(dress)..now you know that must have looked like the cat's ass.. ::)

Meee yow!  8)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/22/05 at 8:20 pm

Meee yow!  8)

you kill me girl  ;D

Written By: Mare on 07/23/05 at 1:59 am

Ka blam ;)

Written By: robby76 on 07/23/05 at 3:58 am

This is more mid-80's but a skinny leather tie, pink shirts, moccasins and those Cosby knitted sweaters... ha ha!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/23/05 at 4:20 am

A gorgeous black corduroy Rah Rah skirt  ::)

Godddddddddd

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/23/05 at 11:32 am

This is more mid-80's but a skinny leather tie, pink shirts, moccasins and those Cosby knitted sweaters... ha ha!

that applies  ;D ;)

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/23/05 at 6:17 pm

The only thing hot I remember owning was parachute pants and A LOT of Chams de Baron shirts. I had some other shirts (think they were Chams?) that had a zipper on the diagonal from the right shoulder down to mid abdomen, another one that was awesome-wish it still fit me...the shirt was black and had zippers from shoulder to wrist on the outside. When you unzipped it, a deep purple/white inset was revealed. Had some pants like that too-weren't parachute, they were cotton. Zippers from knee to ankle on the outside of the leg and they were black-open the zipper and there were white insets that ballooned out. That stuff was cool, man! Why don't they make stuff like that anymore? We knew how to dress in the 80's...took a bit of effort but the clothes were cool.

After about 86, I was mostly seen in heavy metal uniform...shredded jeans, black concert t shirts, studded wristbands, belts, denim jacket emblazoned with band patches, etc.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 07/23/05 at 6:39 pm

I loved my spandex tights and I'd wear them so much that people would ask if I ever had time to wash them. Looking at photos of me back then, I did not have the leanest of legs and I should've stuck to wearing those dreadful things under a ra ra skirt or such. I did own a ra ra skirt, only cos my mother was a master of emoptional manipulation when it came to us shopping for clothes together. What I outright refused to wear, was the matching cotton tank top with ruffles around the waist -BLLLLLGGGGGHHHH!!!!! ::)
I had some jumpsuits too, which I loved to wear, in black, white, purple, leopard print, or all of the above! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...