inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s cars, what car did you have .

Written By: smurfette 101 on 07/22/05 at 9:30 pm

in 1988 my first car was a 1985 camero, it was ok, it got me were i wanted to go, i had alot of fun times then,      the 80s was great.

Subject: Re: 80s cars, what car did you have .

Written By: Skippy on 07/22/05 at 10:45 pm

In 1984 I bought a 1975 Chevrolet truck, still have it.(later I added a 396 c.i. BB and converted it 4WD)
I also have two 1989 Mercury Cougars, an XR7 SC and a plain LS. I also had a 1986 Mustang GT, sold it 1999 w/245,000 on it.(wish I'd kept it)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/23/05 at 10:18 am

I had a 79 Pontiac Phoenix.  I hated that car and it is probably still alive today just to spite me.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/23/05 at 5:07 pm

We had a 1975 green Chevy Impala. My dad had a 1970's white Monte Carlo; later he traded it in for a 1980's Cadillac. My mom turned hers in for a 1985 Pontiac Grand Am. That thing always broke down. We should've stuck with the Impala.

Written By: tv on 07/23/05 at 5:11 pm

We had a 1975 green Chevy Impala. My dad had a 1970's white Monte Carlo; later he traded it in for a 1980's Cadillac. My mom turned hers in for a 1985 Pontiac Grand Am. That thing always broke down. We should've stuck with the Impala.
1985 was the first year for that bodystyle of that Grand Am. Manufacturer's need to get the bugs worked out of first year models. Maybe you just got a lemon.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/23/05 at 5:29 pm

1985 was the first year for that bodystyle of that Grand Am. Manufacturer's need to get the bugs worked out of first year models. Maybe you just got a lemon.

It quite possibly was a lemon, by all means. I understand those situations though. It's just unfortunate that some of us are dealt with the lemons sometimes, lol.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/23/05 at 6:08 pm

First car was my mom's '77 Mustang I inherited. Loved that car and drove it into the ground. Next up was a hellacious Cutlass Supreme. The only thing supreme about that was it was a supreme POS  ;D After that I joined ranks with my buds and got an 85 or 86 Trans Am. That was it for 80's cars. I still miss my Trans Am though. Occasionally I'll see an Iroc or Z 28 and wish I still had my muscle car. Nothing like tooling down the highway with a  couple friends and the T roofs off and some good tunes blasting.

Written By: tv on 07/23/05 at 6:10 pm

It quite possibly was a lemon, by all means. I understand those situations though. It's just unfortunate that some of us are dealt with the lemons sometimes, lol.
Yeah wevery cerain 1 in a rare number of cars made by every mnufacturer is a lemon unfortunately.

Check for new replies or respond here...