inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Road Warrior

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/23/05 at 10:26 am

Who here has seen The Road Warrior?  It's a good movie, with some really good car chases, and one of my favorite Mel Gibson films next to Lethal Weapon and Mad Max, and I finally got it on DVD today.

Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Subject: Re: The Road Warrior

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/23/05 at 6:29 pm

I saw it and liked it but don't think I've seen it since it came out. Me thinks that's another one to put on my Must Have list.

Written By: Skippy on 07/23/05 at 7:34 pm

It was ok. Lots of live-action effects. None of the video game-ish junk effects like are used in todays film fare. It's one of the films that held my attention. The ending scene was great. Who knew the tanker was filled with sand? I didn't.
I prefer the first of the series(actually released in '79, close enough for an 80's BBS right?). It explained the "Mad" in Mad Max.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/05 at 8:12 pm

Who here has seen The Road Warrior?  It's a good movie, with some really good car chases, and one of my favorite Mel Gibson films next to Lethal Weapon and Mad Max, and I finally got it on DVD today.

Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Out of the 3...being Mad Max, Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome, I'd say Road Warrior definately is the best :)

Written By: mrgazpacho on 07/23/05 at 9:19 pm

I prefer the first of the series(actually released in '79, close enough for an 80's BBS right?). It explained the "Mad" in Mad Max.

And, of course, it had Goose!!! ;D

Written By: Skippy on 07/23/05 at 10:50 pm

And, of course, it had Goose!!!

Gack!!! How could I forget Goose??

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/24/05 at 11:24 am

Gack!!! How could I forget Goose??

Poor Goose....  :\'(

Written By: Powerslave on 07/24/05 at 6:24 pm

The Road Warrior is one of my favourite films of all time. It may hold the record for the least amount of dialogue by the lead actor in a film.

Written By: TC1970 on 07/24/05 at 7:13 pm

Good movie. Not one I want to watch over and over.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/05 at 8:51 pm

The Road Warrior is one of my favourite films of all time. It may hold the record for the least amount of dialogue by the lead actor in a film.

I think "Duel" might be close to challenging that as well.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/24/05 at 8:54 pm

Third place.... The Terminator

Written By: zcrito on 07/24/05 at 9:28 pm

It was ok. Lots of live-action effects. None of the video game-ish junk effects like are used in todays film fare. It's one of the films that held my attention. The ending scene was great. Who knew the tanker was filled with sand? I didn't.

I've seen the first in the series. It's so different than the 2nd (Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior -- 1981) and the 3rd (Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome -- 1985). I still prefer the 2nd and 3rd over the 1st. I never knew dog food could be such a "delicacy" (and it always makes me sick)  ;D

I also like the theme song from the 3rd.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/05 at 9:59 pm

I've seen the first in the series. It's so different than the 2nd (Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior -- 1981) and the 3rd (Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome -- 1985). I still prefer the 2nd and 3rd over the 1st. I never knew dog food could be such a "delicacy" (and it always makes me sick)  ;D

I also like the theme song from the 3rd.

http://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/rofl.gif Yeah, I liked the song from the 3rd but like I said before, Road Warrior was my favorite ;)

Written By: bj26 on 07/25/05 at 8:01 am

This was a great movie with a late 70s gothic style complete with punk rockers, hippie-like characters and a James Dean like rebel loner.  It is probably my favorite movie of all time because Max and I are one in the same.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/25/05 at 8:26 am

This was a great movie with a late 70s gothic style complete with punk rockers, hippie-like characters and a James Dean like rebel loner.  It is probably my favorite movie of all time because Max and I are one in the same.

::)

You mean you're also a burnt out cop, looking for vengeance and justice on a lone stretch of desert highway?  ;D

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/25/05 at 9:09 am

Third place.... The Terminator

The Terminator rocked! Linda Hamilton looked awesome in that!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/25/05 at 9:15 am

It's also a good movie.

Written By: bj26 on 07/25/05 at 9:29 am

::)

You mean you're also a burnt out cop, looking for vengeance and justice on a lone stretch of desert highway?   ;D
Sometimes I feel that way but always get over it!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/25/05 at 9:33 am

Sometimes I feel that way but always get over it!

Not like Max, poor guy saw his son nearly killed and his wife roughed up by some scummy bikers.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...