inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Monster Trucks,especially Bigfoot...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/24/05 at 8:19 pm

How many of you were into MONSTER TRUCKS in the 80's?

I was a major fan of the 'Big Blue Beast'...BIGFOOT...

I saw Bigfoot,up close,for the first time in 1986...the truck was BIGFOOT 2...there are several trucks under the 'Bigfoot' name...all conceived by one BOB CHANDLER...

I saw BIGFOOT 1,the original,at Beacon Autosport Center in Vineland NJ,in 1987.

BTW Bigfoot is a FORD...FORD sponsors the Bigfoot family of trucks...they have multiple trucks to cover all the show and display obligations...

Subject: Re: Monster Trucks,especially Bigfoot...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/24/05 at 8:46 pm

Bigfoot is my favorite.

Written By: Skippy on 07/25/05 at 12:15 am

I watched them, though wasn't into them. I remember when they were on the old TNN network in the mid 90's, as were "swamp buggy" races.
  I found it rather humorous that these people took it so serious. Too much testosterone?
  It was an ok thing for the kiddys. Kind of like pro wrestling.  ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/26/05 at 4:01 pm

I watched them, though wasn't into them. I remember when they were on the old TNN network in the mid 90's, as were "swamp buggy" races.
I found it rather humorous that these people took it so serious. Too much testosterone?
It was an ok thing for the kiddys. Kind of like pro wrestling. ;)
Just for KIDS? Wrong,pal! Do you UNDERSTAND how much $$$$$$$ it takes to build a monster truck?

And monster truck racing IS a big deal, with BIG MONEY to be had for the winners!!

Check for new replies or respond here...