inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VH1 Classic Preview on VH1 (Very Horrific One)

Written By: woops on 07/28/05 at 2:39 pm

I don't know how long this was on, but I caught the last 15 minutes yesterday at 7:00 PM on VH1, the once great network that became a cesspool like MTV a couple years ago.

Thankfully, I taped the final video "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" from Wham!.  8)  :D Yeah, I know it's cheesy, but worth taping like any video from the '80's that's hardly ever played on basic cable. I also caught a glimpse of a Billy Joel video, but it was in the middle of the video.

Does anybody know what else was played.

On the VH1 site, it states it'll comeback again the same time next Wednesday.  8) And this time, I'll get my blank tape ready.  :D  :) 

Subject: Re: VH1 Classic Preview on VH1 (Very Horrific One)

Written By: woops on 07/28/05 at 2:44 pm

I know it's for a little time, but I hope next week isn't the last time it'll show...

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/28/05 at 5:50 pm

Wait, did someone say they're actually AIRING 80'S VIDEOS? On VH1!!? :)

As Beavis & Butthead would say, "We're there dude!"

Seriously, is it more of a "teaser" for VH1 Classic, playing a block of 80's videos for an hour, or an actual show that'll be around awhile?

I admit I still watch VH1 a bit - mainly for the documentaries and countdown shows. But overall it's not much better than MTV (which has been unwatchable to me since at least 1997).

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/29/05 at 1:10 am

If you get premium cable you can get VH1 Classic 24/7. Fortunatly, we get that channel and I'm in heaven until they get into the metal stuff (It doesn't mean I don't like metal, but it's just not quite as varied as the other stuff they play). If they're doing an hour version of that on the original VH1 channel - then I will make sure to catch it.

I agree Marty, I can't watch probably more than a minute of today's MTV. It is SO annoying. I am just saddened it has gone down as it is has in the past 10 years or so. Some kids will never know what the real MTV was like and what it really felt to feel that excitement of watching a new video and how they made that a big deal. MTV is not even about videos anymore. It's become a self-promoting mess. Okay, enough of my sour thoughts.

Check for new replies or respond here...