inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eat The Rich (1987)

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/01/05 at 11:11 am

Religion, Politics, Social Classes etc, and the best part is it's a comedy. If you are offended by unpolitically correct comments, i probably wouldn't reccomend you watch this. If you are not offended by the words (Poof, Black B**tard or F***king then you will love it. It had just about every decent British comedian in it aswell. I absolutly loved it but i can't seem to get my hands on it anywhere these days, not even for rental from a video library. With political correctness gone mad these days this one is an overlooked gem of a comedy that should be compulsary viewing for the over policically correct generation of today. Especially the kids of today who think they are punks, but have no idea what punk is really about & think they invented "supposed" counter culture. 

Subject: Re: Eat The Rich (1987)

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/01/05 at 11:20 am

Sorry i stuffed that post right up it was siupposed to say:
Anyone remember a Brittish movie called Eat The Rich with Lemmy from Motorhead in it. It took the p***  out of almost everything eg:Religion, Politics, Social Classes etc, and the best part is it's a comedy. If you are offended by unpolitically correct comments, i probably wouldn't reccomend you watch this. If you are not offended by the words (Poof, Black B**tard or F***king then you will love it. It had just about every decent British comedian in it aswell. I absolutly loved it but i can't seem to get my hands on it anywhere these days, not even for rental from a video library. With political correctness gone mad these days this & The Young Ones TV series are overlooked gems that should be compulsary viewing for the over politically correct generation of today. Especially the kids of today who think they are punks, but have no idea what punk is really about & think they invented "supposed" counter culture. 

Subject: Re: Eat The Rich (1987)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/01/05 at 10:21 pm

Religion, Politics, Social Classes etc, and the best part is it's a comedy. If you are offended by unpolitically correct comments, i probably wouldn't reccomend you watch this. If you are not offended by the words (Poof, Black B**tard or F***king then you will love it. It had just about every decent British comedian in it aswell. I absolutly loved it but i can't seem to get my hands on it anywhere these days, not even for rental from a video library. With political correctness gone mad these days this one is an overlooked gem of a comedy that should be compulsary viewing for the over policically correct generation of today. Especially the kids of today who think they are punks, but have no idea what punk is really about & think they invented "supposed" counter culture. 

Ayup.  Remember it.  Shee-*cough*-it, got my first kiss after watching it in a theater with the babe who'd be my first GF.  Took me 10 years to stop being bitter about her.  Never stopped loving the movie.

Anyone remember "Mondo New York"?  :-)  I've been known to call unsuspecting DJs and dedicate the last track of the soundrack (the track by Dean and the Weenies) to her.  *evilgrin*

Check for new replies or respond here...