inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New A-Team movie

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/03/05 at 1:43 pm

Anyone heard about the new A-Team movie set to be released in 2006. When i heard this i thought god noooooooooooooooooooo. I've been on the IMDB message board & some of the suggestions people made for the cast of the new movie repulsed & horrified me.
George Clooney or Bruce Willis as Hannibal, Ben Afleck or Brad Pitt as Face, Adam Sandler or Johnny Knoxville as Murdock? LMFAO. Some of the suggestions were so retarded that it made me i wonder if everyone is an idiot but me. 
Who else is with me on this, they should leave this 80s gem of a fun show & not bastardise it & turn it into another money spinning huge pile of steaming holliwood turds. If they really need to make a movie they could at least use the surviving original cast however old they are now. After all they are Vietnam veterans & that was about 33 years ago or more now. Wouldn't make sense to use actors in their 30s.

Subject: Re: New A-Team movie

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/05 at 1:54 pm

Anyone heard about the new A-Team movie set to be released in 2006. When i heard this i thought god noooooooooooooooooooo. I've been on the IMDB message board & some of the suggestions people made for the cast of the new movie repulsed & horrified me.
George Clooney or Bruce Willis as Hannibal, Ben Afleck or Brad Pitt as Face, Adam Sandler or Johnny Knoxville as Murdock? LMFAO. Some of the suggestions were so retarded that it made me i wonder if everyone is an idiot but me. 
Who else is with me on this, they should leave this 80s gem of a fun show & not bastardise it & turn it into another money spinning huge pile of steaming holliwood turds. If they really need to make a movie they could at least use the surviving original cast however old they are now. After all they are Vietnam veterans & that was about 33 years ago or more now. Wouldn't make sense to use actors in their 30s.
But who is playing Sgt. Bosco "B.A." Baracus ?

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/03/05 at 2:06 pm

Someone suggested The Rock & also another suggestion was some rapper ::). Seeing as Mr. T is still alive & is not undergiong kemotherapy anymore they should just use him. Noone else could possibly play B.A.
The best suggestion i read was Jim Carrey as Murdock. Although i don't like Jim Carrey & i don't think much of his acting, i think it sounds plausable. Dwight Schultz is still kickin around though so they should just use him as Murdock really. The only person who is not with us anymore is George Peppard (the original Hannibal).

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/03/05 at 5:26 pm

Could be worse.....  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/03/05 at 5:45 pm

I wonder if Mr.T will play himself in the film? ???

Written By: MarcDaShark on 08/03/05 at 6:30 pm

I pity da foo that doesn't let Mr. T into the cast!

Written By: robby76 on 08/03/05 at 9:22 pm

Modern remakes of classic tv series' always turn out to be crap. They all end up looking the same with the good guy bad guy chase at the end and out of this world pyrotechnics... Booooooring! Plus by using well known Hollywood actors, the films suffer from that "seen it all before" factor. i.e. I've seen George Clooney in so many action films they all merge into one.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/04/05 at 12:37 am

Right on robby76, i agree 100%. Well put. What's with the Dukes Of Hazard pile of turds that's just come out? Johnny Knoxville & Jessica Simpson?  ::) craaaaaaaaaap. They are apparently doing the same sort of thing thing with the movies The Warriors & Rock N Roll Highschool both also set to come out in 2006  ::). What's next Chips the movie? They should just leave al the original concepts alone. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/05 at 12:42 am

As with previous TV show made into feature film, I think don't is the best word here.

Written By: robby76 on 08/04/05 at 4:56 am

I love The Warriors!

ps: back on topic, what about films made in the 80's that were remakes of older films. Can't think of any but I was just wondering if the older generation thought the 80's versions sucked.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/04/05 at 12:16 pm

I love The Warriors!

ps: back on topic, what about films made in the 80's that were remakes of older films. Can't think of any but I was just wondering if the older generation thought the 80's versions sucked.

More than likely yes, but i'm sure if they look back on it now they would probably think better of them now & that it can't get any worse than the remakes coming out now. I have a Night Of The Living Dead 1990 Remake & i didn't think much of it in 1990 but when i look at it now i think it's great, which is more than i can say for the "supposed remake" of Dawn Of The Dead.

I love The Warriors aswell. I hope they don't spoil it & turn it into an all black gang played by rappers turned actors running around in baggy pants with uzies. We don't need another Menace II Society blaxploitation movie. The director of the origanal Warriors movie Walter Hill originally wanted it to be an all black gang which would have been cool back then with the 70s style & feel to it. Is it just me or is it that African Americans really were a hell of a lot cooler back then. I don't know, am i allowed to even say that these days without the politically correct police of the 00s comin down on my a**.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/05 at 2:50 pm

I'd like to see a Magnum PI film. ;D

Written By: woops on 08/04/05 at 8:13 pm

Here we go again...  ::)

Love to see a "Facts of Life" remake with Raven Symone as Natalie, Brenda Song as Blair, Mandy Moore as Joe,  Ashley Tisdale (the only talented actress) as Tootie and Rosanne as Mrs. Garrett...  ::)  :P

Written By: robby76 on 08/04/05 at 8:24 pm

Is it just me or is it that African Americans really were a hell of a lot cooler back then. I don't know, am i allowed to even say that these days without the politically correct police of the 00s comin down on my a**.

I know what you mean. They were more genuine with their coolness in the 70's. Now it's like a front/facade and I'm sure many are just pretentious wannabe's... especially the younger ones who'd probably run a mile if a fight broke out.

And yes, a Warriors full of baggy pants and Uzi's would be awful... then again maybe today's generations don't deserve good movies, let them get bored of their genre on their own.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/04/05 at 10:29 pm

I know what you mean. They were more genuine with their coolness in the 70's. Now it's like a front/facade and I'm sure many are just pretentious wannabe's... especially the younger ones who'd probably run a mile if a fight broke out.

And yes, a Warriors full of baggy pants and Uzi's would be awful... then again maybe today's generations don't deserve good movies, let them get bored of their genre on their own.

Mr. T was cool as f***, everytime i watch the A-team DVD he makes me laugh so much. I love it. Some of the funnier lines i remember are:
"How do you want your coffee?" "In a cup foo" LOL
or
"Murdock i'm scared & when i get scared i get mean & you don't wanna see me mean"
or
"Oh you're a big one" "More to the point i'm a mean one sucka" LOL

Anyone else got some funny lines from the show by Mr. T?

Written By: robby76 on 08/05/05 at 12:35 am

"The Rabbit Who Ate Las Vegas"... Season 1 episode where the big shot hotel valet asks BA to move the van on... Oh he got a whoopin'!

Written By: Howard on 08/05/05 at 2:42 pm

I'd like to see a Different Strokes film. ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/05/05 at 5:15 pm

How about Jack Black as Murdock? That's be awesome! ;D 
After all they are Vietnam veterans & that was about 33 years ago or more now. Wouldn't make sense to use actors in their 30s.
They could always update it and make them veterans of the first Gulf War.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/07/05 at 2:00 pm

Yeah but you don't want them to change it, otherwise it'll feel like just another one of those movies like what was discussed earlier in this thread. It starts with little changes then you end up with something very different to the original. It needs to retain the same feeling as the original series or it's a total waste of time. It ain't retro if your bringin it into to era & trying to supposedly jazz it up ::). Then it's just more of the usual lame hollywood sh!t we've had in the last 10 years or so. Gaaaawd remakes & movies from this era suck donkey dick.
As for Jack Black as Murdock i think that's a terrible idea, they don't even look the same, sound the same or have the same physique whereas at least Jim Carrey looks like Murdock & acts a bit like him even in real life & even the facials fit nicely. I still think they should use the original Dwight Schultz though, no question about it. All the living original actors , period. 

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/07/05 at 2:13 pm

I'd like to see a Magnum PI film. ;D

LOL, i don't know about that Howard, do we wanna ruin that to. I did enjoy the original show though back when it was on, or at least i liked the feeling it used to give me on a Saturday or Sunday evening at around 7:00pm or 7:30pm back then. I'm just watching it now on DVD. The opening credits are so delightfully cheesy ;D. A fresh change from all of the overly serious & politically correct stuff on TV now. ::)

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/07/05 at 2:21 pm

Dagrassi Junior High The Motion Picture LOL

Written By: Howard on 08/07/05 at 5:09 pm

Punky Brewster film. ;D

Written By: robby76 on 08/07/05 at 8:14 pm

Now your talking Howard...  ;D

Punky approaching her thirties... intriguing  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/05 at 4:18 pm

OR They could make a Night Court film Rated PG-13 ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...