inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember laugh trax?

Written By: Class of 84 on 08/04/05 at 9:47 pm

Did anyone else stay up late enough in the early 80's to watch laugh trax? I thought it was very funny, remember watching Howie Mandel. Who else starred on it? ???

Subject: Re: Remember laugh trax?

Written By: Mushroom on 08/09/05 at 10:52 am

Did anyone else stay up late enough in the early 80's to watch laugh trax? I thought it was very funny, remember watching Howie Mandel. Who else starred on it? ???

It was 1982, and here is the cast they listed on IMDB:

Howie Mandel
Gail Matthius
Jim Staahl
Lucy Webb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453428/combined

I barely remember this show myself.  I believed it was syndicated.

Subject: Re: Remember laugh trax?

Written By: duze on 01/13/09 at 3:08 pm

I too remember watching this show on Sunday nights after the news in Ohio.  It was hilarious, especially Jim Staahl and Howie Mandel.  Jim Staahl did a couple of recurring types of skits, one was him as a sort of Amish or Swedish immigrant, dressed in farm clothes and giving his opinions on such esoteric topics as furniture design.  Another recurring Staahl sketch was him as a soapbox preacher in glitter clothes, and he'd always make eyeglasses with thumbs and forefingers.  Howie Mandel would usually put a surgical rubber glove on his head with the edge just under his nose and holding it tight with his hands proceed to inflate it through his nose.  The key to finding out what happened to this show is probably Jim Staahl.  I remember seeing Bob Hope and other big names pop in and do short segments with the cast.

Check for new replies or respond here...