inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: who has or had a cabbage patch kid doll

Written By: Beth on 08/05/05 at 2:39 pm

Who has or had a cabbage patch kid doll. They came back again. I have one that came from a friend. Their cute and cuddly. and just perfect for lilttle girls playing the role of mommy. U can share stories of yoour cabbage patch or what u remember as a child anyway. c-ya

Subject: Re: who has or had a cabbage patch kid doll

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/05/05 at 6:45 pm

I didn't have a Cabbage Patch doll but I had, what were they called, Koosah? Their 'pets' It was an orange and rust striped...err, umm....cat type thing. I'm sure he's still up in the attic-that attic holds so much of my junk  ;D Someday I'll be an old man hobbling up there with my dragon headed walking stick and looking through a lifetime of memories.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/05/05 at 7:46 pm

I have one of the newer Cabbage Patch Kids, I got it earlier this year.

Written By: illyria on 08/06/05 at 4:23 am

Hello,

Yes I also had a cabbage patch kid. I remember that they came with some sort of pledge. It was something like 'I promise to be nice to my cabbage patch kid and love her/him'. I took my 'adoption' quite seriously at the time! (for a week or two) lol!

michelle

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 08/06/05 at 6:16 am

They came out in 1978. I have had mine since 1982. It's put away.

Written By: TC1970 on 08/06/05 at 6:59 am

I had one named Oswald Hector. I gave him to my niece who ended up destroying him. :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/05 at 11:29 am

I had one named Oswald Hector. I gave him to my niece who ended up destroying him. :(

Not a great idea!  ::)

Written By: star500 on 08/06/05 at 12:44 pm

I had a cabbage patch doll, not sure what her name is but she looked like this.

Written By: JT1972 on 08/06/05 at 6:34 pm

I can remember being the first kid to have one. I still have her too. No one else had one and didn't even hear of them.
About a month later people were fist fighting in KMart! LOL 

Written By: banglebabe on 08/06/05 at 7:12 pm

Even when I was little, I thought that they were butt-ugly. Never wanted one.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/06/05 at 8:14 pm

I had a 'preemie' named Annabelle Tamara..

Written By: Beth on 08/07/05 at 1:45 pm

I can remember being the first kid to have one. I still have her too. No one else had one and didn't even hear of them.
About a month later people were fist fighting in KMart! LOL 

Wow! That's cool! My friend had one and took it wherever she went They are pretty cute for lil kids. I remember seeing the comercial for them. They'd come in all different outfits that looked just like real kids. Wouldn't it be funny if you see a mother pushing a baby stroller and you pat the lil kid on his hat and when you look under it's a cabage patch kid

Written By: JT1972 on 08/07/05 at 4:19 pm

Wow! That's cool! My friend had one and took it wherever she went They are pretty cute for lil kids. I remember seeing the comercial for them. They'd come in all different outfits that looked just like real kids. Wouldn't it be funny if you see a mother pushing a baby stroller and you pat the lil kid on his hat and when you look under it's a cabage patch kid

What's funnier and shamefully true - I took it to McDonalds and put it in a high chair. I can remember people coming over to look at it as if it were real!  LOL  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/07/05 at 5:04 pm

I've never owned a Cabbage Patch Kid.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 5:50 pm

::)  I hope you didnt have one Howard!...lol..I never had one cause I wasnt the doll type..but in 12th grade home ec we made one... Mine was sooo bad..she looked deformed..I cant sew either..

Written By: Howard on 08/07/05 at 6:30 pm

::)  I hope you didnt have one Howard!...lol..I never had one cause I wasnt the doll type..but in 12th grade home ec we made one... Mine was sooo bad..she looked deformed..I cant sew either..

No I never had one.Thank God! ::)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 08/07/05 at 6:32 pm

I had 2, a boy and a girl, Isacc Jonathan and Babette Irma. I took my "adoption" pretty seriously too. Heard a bit of a sick story about a girl who got a faulty product, it's leg came off or something, she returned it to the store and Tonka Toys issued her with a death certificate! CBKs were VERY expensive, between
$40 and $50 Australian, which was alot back in 1985!

Written By: Sakura on 08/09/05 at 4:16 pm

I had three. One of the new borns that you put a package in water and it disolves and there was clothes in it.I also had one that had yellow yarn hair and one of the newer ones that you pulled on its braid to make its hair grow

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/05 at 10:40 pm

My sisters and I had several of them (including a Koosa and preemie dolls).  I remember we would bring out Cabbage Patch Kids to school, and all of us girls would line them up along the radiator and show them off during show & tell.

Erin :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/10/05 at 12:33 am

I had not only a Cabbage Patch doll *and I never understood why the name Xavier was signed on it's butt*, but I had books about them, my friends had a record player that played Cabbage Patch records (78's, I believe), and I had mugs, spoons - you name it lol My mom said she invested in one  before I was born (probably 1981) because it was all the rage and she had heard that they were going to be discontinued at one point. I only have one, but it had brown hair and I believe blue eyes. She wore a cute little white dress and had her birth certificate.

Written By: Beth on 08/11/05 at 10:42 am

I had not only a Cabbage Patch doll *and I never understood why the name Xavier was signed on it's butt*, but I had books about them, my friends had a record player that played Cabbage Patch records (78's, I believe), and I had mugs, spoons - you name it lol My mom said she invested in one  before I was born (probably 1981) because it was all the rage and she had heard that they were going to be discontinued at one point. I only have one, but it had brown hair and I believe blue eyes. She wore a cute little white dress and had her birth certificate.

That's pretty cool My cabbage patch doll has red hair. I luv them smell of them. I'm not sure why but th4ey smell good for some reason. I have an original outfit by cabbage patch. i also dressed her in Baby clothes my mom had. Talk about them being out again but like $30 or more not sure but that's alot c-ya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/11/05 at 2:10 pm

My little sister had two of them. I was into Barbie at the time and grew out of babydolls.

Check for new replies or respond here...