inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone help name the 80's sticker collection...

Written By: JT1972 on 08/06/05 at 10:11 am

I had a sticker book that I thought was called "Hello Dolly"; however, I can't seem to find a trace of it on the web anywhere.
Basically it was a paper sticker book filled with pages of girls in different settings. There was a spring, summer, fall and winter scene, a slumber party scene, a scene of what appeared to be girls in their int'l dress...The stickers were pieces of clothing, shoes and heads. They would be sold in packages (like sports cards) and you would collect all the pieces and stick them in the book according to numbers. I had almost had it completed before the stickers went off the market. I packed it up and saved it for years; however, lost it in a flood about 15 years ago. :\'(
Hoping someone can help determine the name...

Subject: Re: Can anyone help name the 80's sticker collection...

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/06/05 at 10:12 pm

:) I remember HelloDolly! I had one as well..Wish I had mine now..The backgroud was slick and you could stick the clothes..etc..over and over again..they came out with other stuff too...other characters..to do with movies and cartoons and stuff..it was soo cool

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/06/05 at 10:15 pm

Wait..you said paper? Am i thinkin bout something else?.. What is it that Im thinkin about?.. I do remember Hello Dolly tho..

Written By: rich1981 on 08/06/05 at 10:54 pm

Are these panini stickers?

Written By: JT1972 on 08/06/05 at 10:59 pm

Wait..you said paper? Am i thinkin bout something else?.. What is it that Im thinkin about?.. I do remember Hello Dolly tho..

Yeah, they were paper and once you stuck them that was it. I really wish I could find one on the net somewhere....

Written By: JT1972 on 08/06/05 at 11:06 pm

Are these panini stickers?

What exactly are panini stickers? Is that a brand name? I'm not sure who made the stickers but they did come on cards in sealed packages.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/07/05 at 1:15 am

Panini is the Italian brand for the collectable stickers which was founded in 1961 and first started with football/soccer collections and later became popular for stickers based on movies such as Star Wars. http://www.paninionline.com/collectibles/institutional/bt/uk/

Written By: robby76 on 08/07/05 at 10:32 am

I had a dozen Panini sticker books in the 80's (ranging from Thundercats to Star wars to anything) and all the schoolkids used to trade them in the school playground. Very cool... and cheap!

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/07/05 at 12:10 pm

I'm holding a 1983 Panini, Masters Of The Universe sticker book right in front of me now. It was basically stories from the actual cartoon like Diamond Ray Of Dissappearance etc with animated photos with some blank numbered squares in some spots for the apropriatly numbered stickers to go in. Unfortunatly i never managed to collect all the stickers back then, but a lot of the squares are filled though. I've kept & looked after this sticker book the whole time & i remember even when my folks wanted to throw it out many times, i never let them. I'm so glad i did hold onto it. Ahhhhhhhh the memories :\'(

Written By: JT1972 on 08/07/05 at 5:19 pm

Panini is the Italian brand for the collectable stickers which was founded in 1961 and first started with football/soccer collections and later became popular for stickers based on movies such as Star Wars. http://www.paninionline.com/collectibles/institutional/bt/uk/

Thanks for the website - Checked it out but couldn't find what I was looking for.
It certainly seems to have been made by these people. Hopefully someone will prove I'm not dreaming  :(

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 11:08 pm

8) Ive been thinkin bout this all day!..What Im talkin about came in a box...there was one background..slick..and it came with all the pieces..characters, clothes, furniture, evthing you needed to make a scenario..but the "stickers" were some kind of plastic that you could pull up and place somewhere else..if you wet them just a little they stuck even more..but it was long lasting..they had ev show or cartoon you can think of... as im sittin here i remember buying my kids a spongebob one a few years ago..it was spongeys livin room..but i remember having starwars, of course barbie and all kinds of others..sometimes we would mix them into a really strange party!!  h e l p !!!!!!!!!!

Written By: karen on 08/08/05 at 8:46 am

8) Ive been thinkin bout this all day!..What Im talkin about came in a box...there was one background..slick..and it came with all the pieces..characters, clothes, furniture, evthing you needed to make a scenario..but the "stickers" were some kind of plastic that you could pull up and place somewhere else..if you wet them just a little they stuck even more..but it was long lasting..they had ev show or cartoon you can think of... as im sittin here i remember buying my kids a spongebob one a few years ago..it was spongeys livin room..but i remember having starwars, of course barbie and all kinds of others..sometimes we would mix them into a really strange party!!  h e l p !!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what this was/is called but my daughter has a couple of these as well that came from a friend of ours.  I'll try and remember to look tonight to see if there is any sort of name written on the back of the picture

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 9:03 am

;D  Thx  Karen..

Written By: JT1972 on 08/09/05 at 10:53 am

Just a shot in the dark - Would it be something like these - http://shop.store.yahoo.com/doverpublications/0486277755.html

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/09/05 at 1:31 pm

:D  Thats real close..almost same thing..but the boxes are more rectangle..and the ones from movies..like Star Wars had the actual people..not cartoons..but they had cartoons as well..I even remember having Betty Boop

Written By: karen on 09/01/05 at 10:47 am

8) Ive been thinkin bout this all day!..What Im talkin about came in a box...there was one background..slick..and it came with all the pieces..characters, clothes, furniture, evthing you needed to make a scenario..but the "stickers" were some kind of plastic that you could pull up and place somewhere else..if you wet them just a little they stuck even more..but it was long lasting..they had ev show or cartoon you can think of... as im sittin here i remember buying my kids a spongebob one a few years ago..it was spongeys livin room..but i remember having starwars, of course barbie and all kinds of others..sometimes we would mix them into a really strange party!! h e l p !!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what this was/is called but my daughter has a couple of these as well that came from a friend of ours. I'll try and remember to look tonight to see if there is any sort of name written on the back of the picture

O.K. so it looks like we threw away my daughters stuff or it's been tidied away so well I can't find it.  Anyway when browsing here I found reference to a toy called colourform which sounds a bit like you were describing.

Written By: karen on 09/01/05 at 10:52 am

googling colorform finds loads of pages.  The original version isn't quite like I was picturing but the themed sets are similar to my daughter's

http://www.toys2wish4.com/comicoki.html

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/01/05 at 4:29 pm

;D That looks real familiar..with all the little peel off stuff...accessories...The ones I had looked different but that Company names sounds right... ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...