inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: KIRSCHNER'S ROCK SHOW

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/06/05 at 9:07 pm

Does anyone remember the ..i think it was DON, Kirschners rock show?..wasnt it on sat nite?..early eighties are a little hazy..lol..specially on sat nites..but i think it was on at midnite and all these great rock bands would play...any other partiers member that show?.... 8)

Subject: Re: KIRSCHNER'S ROCK SHOW

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/06/05 at 9:42 pm

:D Help me pple..Im goin crazy..I know someone remembers this show!! Maybe it started in the 70s but I think it was still on in the early 80s...had to be..I remember seeing Cheap Trick on there and ROCKIN!

Written By: Sammy Reed on 08/06/05 at 10:49 pm

It was called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert". It started, according to IMDB, in 1973 and lasted, according to my memory, until 1982.
     I remember some rock band that had a drummer with maybe 5 cymbals stacked up, and he kept banging on them all until they fell off one by one.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 8:33 pm

;D  THX soo much SAMMY!...I cant believe more PPLE dont remember this cool show..I guess I did watch it mostly in the 70s.. MAN...it was soo great...Bands Jammed!

Written By: Sammy Reed on 08/07/05 at 9:51 pm

Now I'm starting to remember SCTV's parody, "Lee Iacocca's Rock Concert"  :D

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 10:29 pm

8)  Dont believe I saw that!..Who was DON anyway?? gonna look it up..

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 10:34 pm

8)  Guess I shoulda looked it up a long time ago pple..There is a site..Don kirshners rock concert..If you guys never saw it ..you shoulda..ck out the site..If you did watch it..id like to hear your view on it..My husband is four yrs older than me and he remembers it well..Let me know!!

Check for new replies or respond here...