inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP me name this horror movie/thriller !!

Written By: Clark W. Griswold on 08/07/05 at 11:10 am

There was a movie that was made sometime in the early 80s I believe. I can't remember much of it because I was only about 8 or 10 years old when it came out, just remember it scared the sh*t out of me. There was this lady in it who had just had some sort of operation, a brain transplant I believe, and she kept having memories of the dead woman whos brain she had received. The woman who the brain had belonged to had been murdered. So the new recipient of the brain kept having flashbacks of the murder. All I can remember is that she kept seeing this vision of "XX" and she was obsessed with those 2 letters connected to each other. She would write them down over and over and study it. Finally in the end, she realized that the letters XX were really the initials WM. If you write W and then connect the letter M right underneath it, it looks like XX. The killer's name was someone that she knew all along... his name was William Myers, or something like that... hence the initials WM. I think in the end, the killer realized the lady was about to turn him in and he decided to try to kill her, by pushing her off a cliff or something. Of course someone saves the day, blah blah blah. BUT I can't remember this movie for the life of me and I have tried googling for it for the past few months with no luck. I am really scetchy on a lot of the details but I am sure of the "XX" and "WM" connection. It might have even been a made for TV movie but it seems like it was too violent for regular TV. Think it played on HBO a bunch in the early 80s. Can someone please help me find this movie before I loose my mind??! :o

Subject: Re: HELP me name this horror movie/thriller !!

Written By: WembleyBooberGobo on 08/07/05 at 12:58 pm

Was it Brain Waves?

Written By: whitewolf on 08/07/05 at 1:01 pm

Sounds like something from The Twilight Zone

Written By: Clark W. Griswold on 08/07/05 at 1:15 pm

Was it Brain Waves?

:D I think that was it!!! A quick check at imdb.com shows there is a character in it named "Willy Meiser" which would match the "WM" initials! THANKS A BILLION!!!! I have been looking for the title to this movie for years! now to see if NetFlix has it! WOOHOO!

Check for new replies or respond here...