inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CONCERT T-SHIRTS..AND STUBS..STILLHAVE EM? I DO...

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 9:31 pm

8)  Remember the old T-Shirts?..The ones that were white with mid-length sleeves..My first was KISS..then ZZ TOP...Kansas..Metallica, BonJovi, ETC..ETC..  and the ticket stubs..got them all..Passing them down to the kids..Cant hardly afford them now..Hubby and I went to Page and Plant sev years back..T-Shirt..30 bucks..not to mention price of tickets!!!

Subject: Re: CONCERT T-SHIRTS..AND STUBS..STILLHAVE EM? I DO...

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/07/05 at 9:33 pm

That's cool - definitely something to hold onto! :)

My first ever concert was when my dad took me to see Springsteen in 1988 I think (I was 6 or 7!) and got the Tunnel Of Love shirt. Same thing when we all saw Phil Collins a couple years later. Too bad they don't fit now, but I'll always hold onto 'em!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 9:51 pm

;D  MARTY..It is the coolest thing to have this stuff...We took our son, He's 19 now, To see his first concert when he was 14, It was zz top, He sat in the middle of us and we rocked out! Bought him a shirt and we even let him drink ONE beer..he had the best time and will never forget it..That ticket stub stayed on his wall , still is.. he's gonna give it to us to save when he goes into the NAVY this fall..

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/07/05 at 10:48 pm

I still have a black Skid Row shirt from 1989 with the self titled album cover on the front & Youth Gone Wild on the back. I wore that thing to death & it's now grey(almost white) & the print is almost worn off it. It's also way too smal & tight l, yes i even tried putting it on recently in front of my girlfriend & she almost wet herself with laughter. I'm not sure where all my other shirts & stuff of that nature got to though. The Skid Row shirt is the only thing i could find aswell as a 1988 Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction bandana. One other thing i still have from back then is a big Motley Crue Dr Feelgood poster with the cartoon face that's half a skull  & at the bottom of the poster it says World Tour 89/90. Yeah i remember when those t-shirts ranged from $24 to $27 here in Australia. I recently went into a music/alternative culture store here in Melbourne & the t-shirts were selling from between $40 & $45. An absolute rip off considering the t-shirts from back then were made with & printed on much thicker & better quality cotton. The shirts now are so thin in comparisin, so i have no idea why we're paying more for poorer quality.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 11:40 pm

;D Know what u mean Cafe...I went to the dept store last week to buy "school" clothes and the shirts are out.. the concert ones we used to get but..RIPOFFS!!  I saw ACDC..bunch others.. made in friggin CHINA..not even all cotton..arrgg..Glad Ive got my originals.. Im fixin to have them sealed in plastic and framed or something..lol..

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/07/05 at 11:43 pm

EEuugh..

I went to Motorhead last November... and paid 22 Pounds for a t-shirt. The 'bastards' shirt. 22 pounds is about 35-36 bucks.

::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/05 at 12:23 pm

I have a few-Bob Dylan (even though the shirt says "Dylan and the Dead" and I didn't see the Dead  :\'( ), Meatloaf, and Tull (which I got about 2 years ago so I don't think that counts). I also have a t-shirt from Journey which I did not go to. I know I have the ticket stubs somewhere (because I NEVER throw anything away  ::) ). The only one that I KNOW where it is, is the ticket stub from seeing Loverboy.

Cat

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/08/05 at 12:25 pm

Was that the one where they are supporting Motley Crue or was it strictly a Motorhead show. I think that's a weird lineup Motorhead & Motley Crue. ??? It should be Motley Crue that are supporting Motorhead not the other way around. Anyway my girlfriend bought tickets for the Motor/Motley show but i don't think it's till December here in Australia. She's going mainly for Motley Crue but she still likes Motorhead aswell. I'm only going because i wanna see Motorhead. I was kinda over Motley Crue by the early 90s, but i'll never get over Motorhead. Motorhead all the way, F*** YEAH

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/08/05 at 1:37 pm

Was that the one where they are supporting Motley Crue or was it strictly a Motorhead show. I think that's a weird lineup Motorhead & Motley Crue. ??? It should be Motley Crue that are supporting Motorhead not the other way around. Anyway my girlfriend bought tickets for the Motor/Motley show but i don't think it's till December here in Australia. She's going mainly for Motley Crue but she still likes Motorhead aswell. I'm only going because i wanna see Motorhead. I was kinda over Motley Crue by the early 90s, but i'll never get over Motorhead. Motorhead all the way, F*** YEAH

It was a one off show in England, just before the anniversary tour.

Great show, they did a lot of covers as well.

I agree MOTORHEAD FUC*IN RULE!!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 3:03 pm

;D  Great guys!..Im glad Im not the only one who keeps everything! I even bought a laminating machine and did all my stubs then put them in a photo albumn. Recently I thought about taking all my old shirts..since they cant be worn that much they are soo old, anyway I thought about having them made into a quilt..I saw one at a international brotherhood of electrical workers reunion and it took my breath away..Of course I need a really good seamstress cause I cant sew at all...Well..maybe a button!

Written By: OliverDK on 08/08/05 at 7:30 pm

I still have most of my tour-shirts, and I've laminated those of the tickets I still have, mostly metal and hard rock, so they'll last forever.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 7:43 pm

:D  Yea I went nuts with my laminating machine..lol...I even thought about framing my shirts..but I guess thats a little tooo much..plus you couldt see the back..

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/09/05 at 9:41 am

The only one I still have that I know of is my King Diamond Fatal Portrait tour shirt. Think it had orange sleeves....or were they black?

Some lady in a magazine had taken a lot of her son's old concert tee's and turned them in to pillows. I thought that was kinda cool. Not sure I'd want to do that to mine though, I still wear them.

Geez...all this Motorhead talk. I've not seen them in three years I think? When they toured with Maiden & Dio. Great show! Motorhead really does a great show!

Check for new replies or respond here...