inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone know this movie?

Written By: OliverDK on 08/08/05 at 10:57 am

It's called "Suburbia" and it must be from the early 80s, the trailer looks interesting, but I've been disapointed by trailers before, so is it a cool movie or a flop?

Subject: Re: Does anyone know this movie?

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/08/05 at 12:12 pm

Well it's about the 80s punk scene. It came out in 1984. It's directed by the woman who also directed The Decline Of Western Civilation documentries & Waynes World. I don't like the word flop to describe a movie because all it means is less morons bought movie tickets for a particular film which i will admit in some cases it can reflect a bad film. It's not a blockbuster really, it's more of a cult classic with a small cult following, usually those who were or are in the punk scene. It also has 80s footage of bands such as The Vandals and D.I etc etc. If you've never been or are not in the scene this does not mean you shouldn't watch this film or won't enjoy it, but i really can't determine weather or not you'll like it.

Written By: OliverDK on 08/08/05 at 2:25 pm

I into the metal scene in the 80s, but I knew a few punkers and liked some of the music, but judging from the trailer it seems like a mix between "Christiane F - Wir Kinder Von Bannhof Zoo" and "The Warriors", I'll take your advice though and get it, it appears to be out on DVD, only in NTSC though.
Thanks Cafe80s

Written By: zazzlez on 08/27/05 at 3:09 pm

Suburbia is one of my favorites...Flea from Red hot chili peppers is in it..and in my opionion helped the movie become interesting.

Check for new replies or respond here...