inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: music video, what's the name of this song

Written By: rip_jeans on 08/09/05 at 12:21 am

it's a rock band from the 80's of course. the video is set in a classroom of a high school full of students. the teacher walks up to one male student (heavy set) with long blonde hair. the teacher asks, what do you want to do with your life? no response from the student. then he asks again, in a louder voice, i said, what do you want to do for the rest of your life? the student looks up and says, i wanna rock. Is this song, I wanna rock by twisted sister?

Subject: Re: music video, what's the name of this song

Written By: pell on 08/09/05 at 12:32 am

it's a rock band from the 80's of course. the video is set in a classroom of a high school full of students. the teacher walks up to one male student (heavy set) with long blonde hair. the teacher asks, what do you want to do with your life? no response from the student. then he asks again, in a louder voice, i said, what do you want to do for the rest of your life? the student looks up and says, i wanna rock. Is this song, I wanna rock by twisted sister?

I could be wrong, but the way I remember the Twisted Sister "I wanna rock" video (and it's been a while), it is a strict father who is lecturing his son in the bedroom and asks "What do you want to do with your life?" with the same response from the kid. I could be confusing two different videos, or maybe you are. Time has a way of twisting (no pun intended...okay, pun intended) memories around.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/09/05 at 2:26 am

I could be wrong, but the way I remember the Twisted Sister "I wanna rock" video (and it's been a while), it is a strict father who is lecturing his son in the bedroom and asks "What do you want to do with your life?" with the same response from the kid. I could be confusing two different videos, or maybe you are. Time has a way of twisting (no pun intended...okay, pun intended) memories around.

LOL.

Actually, that was for "We're not Gonna Take it" but alot of their songs were pretty similar at first listen. The teacher video was probably playing off the success of the previous one - it was called "Be Chrool to Your Scuel" (yes, it was intentionally spelt wrong!). ;D

Written By: rip_jeans on 08/11/05 at 4:16 am

Oh damn, now I'm confused...thanks a lot for nothing MTV for not showing music television anymore. Hey, wait a minute, isn't that where you got your name in the first place, to actually play music television, hence MTV?

Written By: Lozo on 11/23/05 at 1:08 pm

This song was definately "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister. I know this for a fact, because I was one of the "students" in that class room scene.

Check for new replies or respond here...