inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80' paper games

Written By: TC1970 on 08/10/05 at 6:15 am

The thread about the paper thingie got me thinking of other games we would play in the 80's. The guys always made the paper footballs. Any other games you all can think of??

Subject: Re: 80' paper games

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/10/05 at 4:01 pm

we used to play this game called, "MASH" You would draw a square and put MASH across the top (that stood for mansion, apartment, shack, house)....then on each of the remaining sides we would put names of boys on one side, numbers (standing for how many children) on the bottom, and states (places to live) on the opposite side.  Then we would pick a number and close our eyes and point to the picture...wherever we landed, that is where we would start counting....until there was only one boy left, one number left, one state left, and one dwelling left...and that was supposed to tell us who we would marry, how many kids we were going to have, where we were going to live, and what kind of dwelling we would live in.

Erin :)

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/10/05 at 5:27 pm

The thread about the paper thingie got me thinking of other games we would play in the 80's. The guys always made the paper footballs. Any other games you all can think of??

This would have been far preferrable to the wads of paper that were turned into spit balls and ended up all over the class room. Often targeted to us metal heads to get us to react and girls 'coz I guess they thought it was 'cute'.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/10/05 at 5:51 pm

we used to play this game called, "MASH"

Yeah, we played MASH all the time. Funny thing is, I was just thinking about it the other day - trying to remember what each letter meant in "MASH" - Mansion, Apartment, Shack or House, lol. I always seemed to get the shack with the hot looking guy...

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/10/05 at 6:03 pm

I always seemed to get the shack with the hot looking guy...

That's not all bad...could have had your own personal "Reckless"  ;D That's another one I need to watch again, haven't seen that in ages.

Written By: TC1970 on 08/10/05 at 6:40 pm

That's not all bad...could have had your own personal "Reckless"  ;D That's another one I need to watch again, haven't seen that in ages.

I bought it about a year ago at a local video store on VHS. Way cheesy!!  I like it for the same reason you do..Adian Quinn! Oops.. you like Daryl Hanna.  ;)  Come on over and we can hang out watch this movie and chill out to metal music!. :P lol

Another paper game I just thought of..

You would write down a list of 5 things in  7 categories. Then have you friend fill  it in with her picks  and you would read it back to her. It went something like this..

Name 5 guys...
Name 5 women...
Name 5 rooms...
Name 5 male body parts...
Name 5 female body parts...
Name 5 rooms in a house...
Name 5 pieces of furniture...
The you ask your friend to give you 1 through 5 in any order and place the numbers beside each thing listed from top to bottom. Like this....

Name 5 guys

1 name here
4 name here
3 name here
2 name here
5 name here

and so on.... Then you match up numbers. Saying.. (name of guy) is having sex with (name of gal)... with his (name of body part)..in her (name of body part) ...in the (name of room)..on the..... you get the picture. I think. LOL

Yes it was silly but when you are 14 it is fun. Try it once now that you are older for laughs.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/10/05 at 7:13 pm

Yeah, we played MASH all the time. Funny thing is, I was just thinking about it the other day - trying to remember what each letter meant in "MASH" - Mansion, Apartment, Shack or House, lol. I always seemed to get the shack with the hot looking guy...

ya, me too..and I would end up having 50 kids! LOL!

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/10/05 at 7:18 pm

I bought it about a year ago at a local video store on VHS. Way cheesy!!  I like it for the same reason you do..Adian Quinn! Oops.. you like Daryl Hanna.  ;)  Come on over and we can hang out watch this movie and chill out to metal music!. :P lol

Sounds like a plan to me ;D I liked them both together but I actually liked Aidan Quinn and Sandra Bullock in Practical Magic better....that Midnight Margarita scene was awesome! OOPS...that's 90's...

Now back to the 80's :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/10/05 at 7:28 pm

MetalManiac - Yeah, it seemed favorable in some areas - hot looking guy in a studio shack made out of scrap wood, softly lit candles as our lighting and nothing but love - lol

But yea, Quirk, that many kids was just NOT fair, lol

Check for new replies or respond here...