inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did anyone watch the early years of Nick at Nite?

Written By: iluvthe80s on 08/11/05 at 7:35 am

For those here who had cable in the 80's, did you watch Nick at Nite when it first went on the air?  Back then, they aired mostly shows from the 50's and 60's like Leave it to Beaver and The Patty Duke Show, the era of shows that you would now see on TV Land.

Nowadays, kind of like VH1, they are more reminiscent of the 80's, airing shows like Full House, Roseanne, and Murphy Brown.  It just seems interesting to me that a network launched in the 80's now shows programs from that decade.

(BTW, Happy 20th anniversary, Nick at Nite!)  :)

Subject: Re: Did anyone watch the early years of Nick at Nite?

Written By: BILLYBOYBBOBOBBO on 08/11/05 at 3:27 pm

Yes I remember that.  They showed Bewitched too, I think.  I liked those shows... What I'd really like to see again is the old Dennis The Menace show, the original, with Jay North.  I remember that show being quite funny.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/11/05 at 5:36 pm

Yes, I watched it a lot. They also played "I Love Lucy" Mary Tyler Moore, The Lucy Show, The Honeymooners, the Jeffersons, and so much more. That's true, though, the shows that used to be on the Nick at Nite line up in the 80's have now gone over to TVLand.

Mizz K

Written By: kairi747 on 08/13/05 at 11:25 pm

yes, yes, yes!  you're talking about 8 years or so before the mary tyler moore days (although i loved that line-up the most - that was early-mid 90's).  back in the 80's they had the donna reed show and car 54, where are you? and the OLD b & w bewitched.  that was a lot of fun!  :D

Written By: rich1981 on 08/13/05 at 11:40 pm

Yes, I remembered The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour among all the other shows mentioned already.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/14/05 at 12:14 am

yes, yes, yes!  you're talking about 8 years or so before the mary tyler moore days (although i loved that line-up the most - that was early-mid 90's).  back in the 80's they had the donna reed show and car 54, where are you? and the OLD b & w bewitched.  that was a lot of fun!  :D

You're right - I think I was thinking early, early 90's. I do remember the Donna Reed show being aired in the 1980's. I don't remember Car 54, where are you? for whatever reason, although I definetely am aware of the show now. And definetely the b/w Bewitched.. what a treat! I use to even stay up reall late, into the wee hours of the morning to catch it on TBS.

Check for new replies or respond here...