inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Awesome old 80s arcade pics

Written By: krakboi on 08/11/05 at 1:00 pm

Great pics from the 80s.  I could look at these all day.  check it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/petromyzon/sets/553223/

Subject: Re: Awesome old 80s arcade pics

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/11/05 at 3:05 pm

;D those are GREAT!! I swear those pics..Had to be taken here..Memphis Tn....Hickory Ridge Mall...That arcade looks exactly like the one I used to go to!!..and the carousel..the glass ceiling..Exactly the same..unless there is another mall just like it somewhere!!! Boy the hours I spent in the arcade!!!  Playing..PacMan..Tron..Galaga..Centipede..sweet sweet memories!

Written By: krakboi on 08/11/05 at 6:17 pm

The games are great, and it is fun to see the 80s fashions in the pics with people.  Glad you liked them.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/12/05 at 2:09 am

;D Krakboi..WHERE DID THESE PHOTOS COME FROM?? For real..they look soo familiar..I miss soo much the old arcades..Damn..spent a fortune in there..lol...

Written By: Atari on 08/12/05 at 2:03 pm

OMFG.

AMAZING pictures. I think I'll spend the whole day saving those :)

Thanks for the link!!!

Written By: krakboi on 08/12/05 at 3:19 pm

Please do!  Who knows when they will be pulled.

If I recall correctly, these are slides that were pulled from a dumpster of an amusement company.  They were almost trashed!  It is funny, but it is actually very hard to find pictures from the glory days of the arcades.

I could not tell you exactly where those pics are from.  They could be from all over.

Written By: Atari on 08/12/05 at 4:12 pm

Please do!  Who knows when they will be pulled.

If I recall correctly, these are slides that were pulled from a dumpster of an amusement company.  They were almost trashed!  It is funny, but it is actually very hard to find pictures from the glory days of the arcades.

I could not tell you exactly where those pics are from.  They could be from all over.

Check out the links in some of the comments. They'll lead you to even MORE retro goodness :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/14/05 at 1:30 am

;D the pics are soo great.. They really do look like the arcade I was at ev fri and sat night in the 80s!!

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/16/05 at 12:06 pm

Yep the early 80s games were truly classic & the late 80s had the best ever arcade games especially the side scrolling beat em ups. Anyone running Mame 32 arcade emulator? It's awesome considering it allows me to run aprox 5000 arcade machines right on my PC. Imagine how much space it would take to keep 5000 arcade machines. I know it's not the same as having the actual machines with the cool art work on them, but with the custom built USB arcade joystick i have built using real arcade machine bottons & arcade stick they feel identical to play. I can't seem to insert the photo of it on here for some reason though. Why won't this board let you insert images into your post?

Check for new replies or respond here...