inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie title help. Tried for months. Please help!

Written By: sleepymeggie on 08/15/05 at 2:52 pm

K I looking for a movie, I am sure it wasn't very well known. I believe it would have been from the early 80's. A group of either British or Australian kids (just remember they had accents) find a baby in a remote cabin in the woods. They take turns caring for the baby while still trying to keep up with chores and school. One of the kids has a new sibling at home so they sneak diapers and formula or milk from there.  There is about 4 or 5 kids involved.  Seems like most of them had mullet like hair cuts which would still stay with the era.  I know they fight to keep it a secret and at the end a man they knew came in a hot air balloon and took the baby away in a happy ending. Random I know, but please help. I have this posted on so many sites and had two people who remember it too but can't think of the name either.  I really want to find this piece of my childhood.  Thanks Megan

Subject: Re: Movie title help. Tried for months. Please help!

Written By: pell on 08/15/05 at 4:47 pm

I tried to find this the last time you posted, but no luck. Now it's bugging me. :)

I guess you've probably given all the details of the movie that you can remember, but anything else (no matter how trivial) would be helpful.

Also:
1) Where were you (city, state, country) at the time when you saw the movie?

2) Did you see it at a cinema theatre, drive-in theatre, VHS/BetaMax tape (purchase or rental?), laser disc, network TV, cable TV (HBO, Showtime, what other station?), public broadcasting?

3) Do you remember the names of any of the actors, or have you seen them in other movies or TV shows? Can you remember any of the characters' names?

4) Can you remember anything that was happening at the time that would pinpoint the year you saw it?

5) About how old were the kids in the movie?

I know how it is when you're trying to find something obscure from your childhood. I recently found a picture of a toy that I never could find on the Net, until I finally thought of the right details that led to an out-of-the-way website that happened to have some jpegs of the toy.

Written By: WembleyBooberGobo on 08/18/05 at 1:43 am

was it the little kidnappers? i dont think the kids had mullets in that movie and they didnt find the baby in a cabin but i thought id try.

Written By: megan henderson on 08/30/05 at 7:36 pm

We had recorded it from tv.  There were no commercials so I assume it was a movie channel.  I don't know any of the actors as even their faces are blurry.  The kids in the movie were about 11 or 12 years of age.  The main girl wore a plain dark green/blueish dress that was cut to above the knee and it had about 3 buttons down the front.  It is a short sleeved dress.  She had dirty blonde hair with the mullet look.  Our movies back then were VHS.  I know I watched it when I was about 5-8 years old.  I was born in 1978.  But I think the movie must have been made a year or so before I started watching it so that it would have had time to come out to tv.  They are all more simple laid back people, except the man at the end who takes the baby is a bit more worldly and sophistocated.  He, in my mind, is just a smidge on the chubby side and always wears a jacket even though the kids seem to run around in the fog not looking cold.  The kids wave goodbye as the balloon flys away.  I think one of the boys wore a horizontal striped shirt with red and gray but not sure about that bit.  Thanks for your help.  Megan

I tried to find this the last time you posted, but no luck. Now it's bugging me. :)

I guess you've probably given all the details of the movie that you can remember, but anything else (no matter how trivial) would be helpful.

Also:

2) Did you see it at a cinema theatre, drive-in theatre, VHS/BetaMax tape (purchase or rental?), laser disc, network TV, cable TV (HBO, Showtime, what other station?), public broadcasting?

3) Do you remember the names of any of the actors, or have you seen them in other movies or TV shows? Can you remember any of the characters' names?

4) Can you remember anything that was happening at the time that would pinpoint the year you saw it?

I know how it is when you're trying to find something obscure from your childhood. I recently found a picture of a toy that I never could find on the Net, until I finally thought of the right details that led to an out-of-the-way website that happened to have some jpegs of the toy.

Written By: megan henderson on 08/30/05 at 7:37 pm

No I looked The Little Kidnappers up but that is not it but I appreciate the help.

was it the little kidnappers? i dont think the kids had mullets in that movie and they didnt find the baby in a cabin but i thought id try.

Written By: megan henderson on 08/30/05 at 7:41 pm

More....I know at most points growing up we had HBO.  I am not sure about other movie channels.  I was in Grand Lake, Colorado USA when I saw it.  I watched it many times when I was little but can't remember. 

Also:

Check for new replies or respond here...