inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Addicted To Love/Man, I Feel Like A Woman

Written By: OliverDK on 08/16/05 at 6:36 am

I've spoken with some of my friends about it, but they can't see it, so I'm asking you people; I recently saw the videos for Robert Palmer's "Addicted To Love" and Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" and it seems to me that she must have seen his video before she made her own, I'd like to know if anyone agree with me on this.

Subject: Re: Addicted To Love/Man, I Feel Like A Woman

Written By: karen on 08/16/05 at 7:11 am

Is the Robert Palmer video the one with all the girls dressed in black.  They've got their hair scraped back and they are all wearing bright red lipstick.

If it is that one then I did see another video that reminded me of it and it could have been the Shania Twain song, but I couldn't swear to it.

Can you find a link to them?

Written By: Paul on 08/16/05 at 7:16 am

Is the Robert Palmer video the one with all the girls dressed in black.  They've got their hair scraped back and they are all wearing bright red lipstick.

That's the one...they were all 'playing' instruments behind him...

It was much talked-about at the time - some people claimed that it was 'sexist' by portraying women in a 'dumb' role, (or something like that), so p'raps Shania was using it as a tongue-in-cheek response...

Written By: OliverDK on 08/16/05 at 7:33 am

In Shania's video the girls have been exchanged for muscular guys "playing" instruments.

Written By: karen on 08/16/05 at 7:42 am

That's the one...they were all 'playing' instruments behind him...

Didn't he also use them in another video at about the same time?  Simply Irresistible perhaps?

Written By: Paul on 08/16/05 at 7:46 am

Not sure...that's the only one I remember (I'm not too hot on videos!)

Written By: jaytee on 08/16/05 at 7:55 am

Didn't he also use them in another video at about the same time?  Simply Irresistible perhaps?

I think you're right there Karen.

Written By: ralfy on 04/17/16 at 12:32 pm

"Addicted to Love: fashion's favourite video for 30 years"

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/apr/04/addicted-to-love-fashions-favourite-video-for-30-years

Check for new replies or respond here...