inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: does anyone remember AMERICAN BAND STAND?

Written By: smurfette 101 on 08/16/05 at 12:19 pm

HEY, that was  the coolest show ever, you would see
every new comer on the show. 8) 8) 8) :)

Subject: Re: does anyone remember AMERICAN BAND STAND?

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/16/05 at 10:18 pm

;D  of course ..But..American Bandstand has been aroud for AGES...Hell..Dick Clark is at least 100...LOL>>> I started watching it real serious in the 70s...I saw John Travolta sing on it even...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/16/05 at 11:49 pm

Sure do!

One American Bandstand show I remember is when The Grassroots were a guest..and they did(well lip-synched to at least)their big hit at the time,"Sooner or Later"....

And the episode with 80's group the Romantics. Those guys were real 80's hotties. Those leather suits..OMG!

And the Madonna one where Dick Clark asked her what she wanted to do with her career(?) She answered RULE THE WORLD....and darned if she didn't at least for a while!

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/17/05 at 12:58 am

I'm looking for a 1983 Bandstand episode w/ Peter Schilling in it, does anyone know if it (is or was) availble for downloading?

Written By: Angel Goulet on 08/22/05 at 8:07 pm

I'm looking for a 1983 Bandstand episode w/ Peter Schilling in it, does anyone know if it (is or was) availble for downloading?

Hi,
I was a regular on AB for 3 years.  We were able to see so many acts I can't even remember them all. I still have several VHS copies of the old shows.  Next time I show my sons, I'll look for Schilling. Keep in touch! By the way. I was the gal with the longest blonde hair who wore a peacock feather in her boot! What a blast I had!
Angel

Written By: angel goulet on 08/22/05 at 8:10 pm

Hi,
I was a regular on AB for 3 years.  We were able to see so many acts I can't even remember them all. I still have several VHS copies of the old shows.  Next time I show my sons, I'll look for Schilling. Keep in touch! By the way. I was the gal with the longest blonde hair who wore a peacock feather in her boot! What a blast I had!
Angel

By the way, if anyone wants an interview, I could tell you some interesting stories of what went on during filming and in the parking lot!

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/24/05 at 1:52 pm

Hi,
Angel

Thanks! My VCR works but there's no picture because it probably got magnetized (I think it's when a video that doesn't work screws up a VCR), but my DVD player works!  :)

There was a German Music show called Hitparade that was aired on the TV station ZDF (Germany) that looked a bit like AB (Performances and Interviews) but it had 4 hosts during 31 year run and Peter Schilling was on that show a few times. The show and performance clips are available for downloading on Shareaza!  :) :)

Written By: Triviamom on 08/24/05 at 8:46 pm

" I gave it a 9, because it had a good beat, and you can dance to it"..... 8)

Remember the Rate a Record portion of the show? That was the standard answer, lol

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/25/05 at 2:36 pm

I have a book on music that mentions that! I think they said that judges couldn't rate lower than 35 and could not go higher than 95, was that right?

Check for new replies or respond here...