inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for 80's Saturday Morning Cartoon

Written By: quemoz on 08/16/05 at 7:08 pm

Hi there, I'm looking for an obscure cartoon from the 80's. I think it only lasted half a season. Anyways all I remember is that it was broadcast on ABC saturday mornings and that it was about a group of robots. I believe there where five robots with one strong leader robot, a pair of bumbling fat and skinny robots and two girl robots and one was psychic or something. I've looked in many 80's toons sites and can't find anything.

Subject: Re: looking for 80's Saturday Morning Cartoon

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/16/05 at 7:35 pm

That sounds really familiar. I know the cartoon but i just can't remember the name. You've got me stumped aswell. I remember the fat one ate scrap metal. Am i on the right track here?

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/16/05 at 7:58 pm

Someone else help, now this is driving me insane, i have to know. :D Someone out there must know this cartoon. ??? :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/05 at 9:25 pm

The cartoon coming close to that description, is The Mighty Orbots, but then again I could be wrong.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218774/

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/17/05 at 10:59 am

I think you could be right.  :) Thanks

Written By: quemoz on 08/17/05 at 6:45 pm

Thanks for the help. I finally found it by myself after a couple of hours.

Now I'm thinking about something even more obscure. I probably should do another post. I was thinking about a cartoon, but it's not a cartoon cartoon.  ???

Everybody remembers schoolhouse rock. Well, in the 80's it was just filler material on Saturday Morning. It was probably a full feature show in the 70's. So, anyways I remember something that was like that on CBS. It may have run a half hour, but I don't remember watching a whole show. It was really weird, because come to think of it.. I don't think it was intended to be viewed by children. There was no action, no cutesy characters or music just pantomime. It had a very slow pace, like some euro-trashy-artsy je no se qua or however you spell that. It was very crudely drawn. They would just have things in black outline with a white background. I think they might have used primary colors, but only one color at a time. I'm trying to remember the "characters", but there was'nt really anything much to them. They were like the white guy from the old pink pather show, but even more plainly drawn. It was just a circle with stumps and two dots for eyes without a mouth or nose.

How the hell do you even begin to google something like that?

Check for new replies or respond here...