inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: National Lampoon Vacation background song....WHAT IS IT???????

Written By: Patrick on 08/16/05 at 11:01 pm

Does anyone know the name of the song that is playing in the background when Clark and Rusty race to Wally World in "National Lampoon's Vacation".  I have searched high and low all over the internet and can't find it, I need it for a video that I am making and can't finish the video until I find this song!!  If anyone knows it, please let me know, it would absolutely make my day if I could find it and would be very grateful to whomever knows what it is.  Thanks.

Subject: Re: National Lampoon Vacation background song....WHAT IS IT???????

Written By: pell on 08/16/05 at 11:52 pm

Does anyone know the name of the song that is playing in the background when Clark and Rusty race to Wally World in "National Lampoon's Vacation".  I have searched high and low all over the internet and can't find it, I need it for a video that I am making and can't finish the video until I find this song!!  If anyone knows it, please let me know, it would absolutely make my day if I could find it and would be very grateful to whomever knows what it is.  Thanks.

It's been years since I've seen it, but wasn't it the "Chariots of Fire" theme from the movie of the same name? I could be way off, though.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/16/05 at 11:52 pm

you're not talking about holiday road are you?

Written By: pell on 08/17/05 at 12:12 am

you're not talking about holiday road are you?

I believe that was the theme for "Vacation", but I'm not sure it was the music during the scene Patrick was talking about.

Written By: Todd on 08/17/05 at 12:23 am

Yep..the scene where Clark and Rusty are running in slow motion towards Wally World, is the Vangelis song, "Chariots of Fire".   The opening theme song to that movie is Lindsey Buckingham's "Holiday Road"....

Written By: Patrick on 08/18/05 at 7:03 pm

Thank you Pell and Todd for your response, you guys are awesome, I can't believe I found it, thanks a lot!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...