inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dragon's Lair

Written By: OliverDK on 08/17/05 at 10:05 am

The coolest arcade game in world was "Dragon's Lair" and I must have spent a fortune playing it, but then in '85 or '86 the cinema that had the game closed and I haven't seen it since, I recently found a WebSite full of arcade games from the 80s  but of cause "Dragon's Lair" wasn't one of them, so do anyone remember this game and know if it's out on CD-R or if there's a WebSite somewhere where I can play it.

Subject: Re: Dragon's Lair

Written By: Kryllith on 08/17/05 at 10:18 am

Dragon's Lair was released on cd about a decado ago, along with Space Ace and Dragon's Lair 2. You can probably still find the combo pack that contains all three, though you'd probably have to look online. As far as I know, Dragons Lair and Space Ace were also released in a version that could be played on a standard dvd player. Do a search for Dragons Lair on Amazon or eBay and I'm sure you'll find something.

Kryllith

Written By: Atari on 08/17/05 at 11:40 am

The coolest arcade game in world was "Dragon's Lair" and I must have spent a fortune playing it, but then in '85 or '86 the cinema that had the game closed and I haven't seen it since, I recently found a WebSite full of arcade games from the 80s  but of cause "Dragon's Lair" wasn't one of them, so do anyone remember this game and know if it's out on CD-R or if there's a WebSite somewhere where I can play it.

You have a number of options. There is an emulator that will play Dragon's Lair, but it's a real bear to setup, and finding the mpegs of the actual video is near impossible unless you know where to look (usenet, etc). Check eBay for Dragon's Lair Deluxe for the PC. You can probably snag it for real cheap. In fact, I get two hits for it (one in my town, in fact!) when I search ebay, and one is very cheap.

The DVD version of DL is absolutely horrible. The delays in the game render it unplayable. Don't waste your money.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 08/17/05 at 1:39 pm

There was also a version for the Sega CD system of the early-mid 90's. It was just like the arcade version.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/17/05 at 3:18 pm

The game is available in many versions.

It was released about 2-3 years ago as a DVD.  You do not even need a game system, it will play in a standard home DVD player.

There is also a 20th anniversary edition available.  It has a lot of extras, including some things that were animated, but never included in the original game.

http://www.digitalleisure.com/gamesdlseries.html

Check for new replies or respond here...