inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hear 'n' Aid

Written By: OliverDK on 08/20/05 at 8:49 am

I just found out that I have the "Hear 'n' Aid" album, I had forgotten all about it but in 1986 bands like Accept, Kiss, Motorhead and Scorpions got together with Ronnie James Dio and his wife and recorded the BandAid of the Metal community, the album even feature a song by Jimi Hendrix, I don't even remember getting the album, so was Hear 'n' Aid more an american campaign or did it simply drown in the aftermath of the LiveAid event the year before.

Subject: Re: Hear 'n' Aid

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/20/05 at 9:05 am

As far as I know, Hear'n Aid was a US thing only. The combined artists released just the one single "Stars" (I'm surprised to find out there was an album to go with it!) for some good cause that I have completely forgotten. It might have been African famine relief, I really don't know anymore.
Maybe someone else can fill us in. ???

Written By: whistledog on 05/27/06 at 12:20 pm

I have the Hear 'n Aid album.  As far as I know, Stars was not a popular hit in America.  It did reach UK #26 in 1986

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/06 at 8:29 pm

Don't forget Spinal Tap was in Hear 'n' Aid!

Check for new replies or respond here...