inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Our House" TV Show

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/20/05 at 12:27 pm

Do you guys remember that show that was in the mid 80's called, "Our House?"  It starred Wilford Brimley as the grandpa, who takes in his daughter and her 3 kids whenever her husband dies?  The show also stars Chad Allen (of Dr. Quinn), and Shannen Dohery (of Beverly Hills 90210).  I used to watch this all the time when I was younger.

Erin :)

Subject: Re: "Our House" TV Show

Written By: ADH13 on 08/20/05 at 6:03 pm

Do you guys remember that show that was in the mid 80's called, "Our House?"  It starred Wilford Brimley as the grandpa, who takes in his daughter and her 3 kids whenever her husband dies?  The show also stars Chad Allen (of Dr. Quinn), and Shannen Dohery (of Beverly Hills 90210).  I used to watch this all the time when I was younger.

Yeah, I used to watch that one all the time too!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/20/05 at 6:15 pm

I watched it once, awhile back, it was an ok show.

Written By: Patrick Bateman on 08/20/05 at 6:19 pm

No offense to those of you that liked it, but I hated that show. I always wanted to put Wilford Brimley's head on a stick when the commercials for that show aired.http://forums.babesandchicks.com/images/smilies/evil.gif

Written By: robby76 on 08/20/05 at 9:35 pm

Yeah Grandpa was a bit annoying and mean, but wow me and my sister loved that show. I can't remember any episodes, but i know we tuned in every week. I wonder if it'll come to dvd? Party of Five seemed to be based on Our House don't you think... kinda!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/20/05 at 10:09 pm

ya, the grandpa was really annoying! Do you guys remember that episode where the house caught fire or something?

Written By: pell on 08/20/05 at 11:19 pm

I loved "Our House". I hope it does get released on DVD.

Grandpa was the typical lovable grouch, who always came through. I liked his relationship with the old Jewish guy (what was his name?).

This was the show that introduced Shannon Doherty to the world (or at least as her first major role, I believe). It was also the only show that I liked her character, although very early "90210" was tolerable.

ETA: Doherty had a child role on "Little House on the Prairie". Info courtesy of Quirk. See next post below.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/20/05 at 11:24 pm

I loved "Our House". I hope it does get released on DVD.

Grandpa was the typical lovable grouch, who always came through. I liked his relationship with the old Jewish guy (what was his name?).

This was the show that introduced Shannon Doherty to the world (or at least as her first major role, I believe). It was also the only show that I liked her character, although very early "90210" was tolerable.

Shannon Doherty actually was on "Little House on the Prairie" for awhile. She played a character named, Jenny...and it was the later episodes where Laura and Almonzo were married.  She was pretty young on that show.

Written By: pell on 08/20/05 at 11:40 pm

Shannon Doherty actually was on "Little House on the Prairie" for awhile. She played a character named, Jenny...and it was the later episodes where Laura and Almonzo were married.  She was pretty young on that show.

Thanks for the info. I figured she had probably done some earlier, smaller stuff (not  to say "Little House" was small...although there's a pun in there somewhere...but Doherty's role) but I was too lazy to do a imdb search on her. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/20/05 at 11:46 pm

no problem! :)

Erin

Written By: ADH13 on 08/20/05 at 11:49 pm

She also played the little sister in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/21/05 at 7:52 am

;D I watched the show some..it was pretty good..Mr.Brimley was good as a grandpa to me...I liked him in Cacoon..He was annoying in those Diabetes commercials..but my grandma likes him so....I always hated Shannan Doherty..even when she was little..on Little House..I dont think she can act for s**t...sorry folks..I tried to watch 90210..but she annoyed me soo much I had to change the channell..and.. Chad ..well..hes ok..but he wasnt that great on Dr Quinn either..He is one of those actors that has one range.. kinda like Keanu..ev. role hes the same character..monotone...Dang..Im bad today...but Im being honest..the show was good but..the acting coulda been better...

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/06 at 12:02 am

I did watch Our House all the time.  It was a nice family show.  It's a shame it was so short lived  :\'(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/04/06 at 12:40 am

I watched that show briefly. I didn't watch it a lot, though.

Written By: robby76 on 06/04/06 at 2:40 am

And let's not forget Chad Allen.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/obsessedone/OurHousePromo2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/obsessedone/OurHouse2.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...