inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PLEASE! Help me name this 80s program

Written By: aberdeenlad on 08/22/05 at 9:41 pm

Hi
For almost 20 years now i have been trying to find out the name of a tv series i watched in the 80s. Ive searched all over the net and have had no success. No one remembers the show either except me and my brother.

It was about 2 American young guys running around Europe finding little miniture leaning tower of pizas.  They also had a spy with a funny moustach and sunglass"s after them.  In the opening title it used to play the blondie song "Call Me" and it was like a camera zooming through the peirs in Italy.

If any1 can help id b very grateful

Subject: Re: PLEASE! Help me name this 80s program

Written By: mrgazpacho on 08/24/05 at 12:17 am

Why on earth were they hunting Leaning Towers Of Pisa? Sounds strange :D

Written By: aberdeenlad on 08/24/05 at 11:23 am

I remember on the last episode that they used all the little ones and placed them inside the real leaning tower of piza, but for some strange reason the leaning tower of piza flew up to space with the spy stuck inside.  They mayb thought the tower held treasure or something?

Written By: Mushroom on 08/24/05 at 11:30 am

This sounds like the type of thing the BBC would put on.  Can you give an idea of the country of origin, the actors, etc?

Written By: aberdeenlad on 08/24/05 at 11:35 am

It was probably the bbc that put this on.  I just remember that the 2 good guys were americans and i recon the spy was italiaon or something like that eg mexican etc.  Also i dont think they actualy spoke them selfs the actors i think they just mimed. And it was central europe they were running around.

Check for new replies or respond here...