inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Commericals/PSA's

Written By: cathartist on 08/24/05 at 6:32 pm

I grew up in Metrowest Boston area in the 80's and some of the spots i am thinking of i think are just related to this area but not all.
Usually weaved in throughout toy commericals in the breaks for afternoon cartoons they had a bevy of nutrition, learning and safety commercials. Some of them i remeber by name and some of them i only remember one line rorm them.  But here is the best list i can compile form my memory, what i am looking for are movie files that i can download ot my computer, thanks
- Chow daddy (i actualyl found this one) its a short 15 second ben verreen zoobilee zoo knock off touting school lunches
-"We are from Mars, in search of candy bars" - This was martians coming to earth looking for candy and the kids show them the food pyramid saying "have you tried some fruit?" it was a dark set with sparkles everywhere and the top of the food pyramid opened up and had fruit in it
- Church of latter day saints commericals; Making the pizza for the old man with the dorky kid looking thur the cut pepper, the ballerina who stole the necklace
- I learned it from watcing you ok?! Parents who do drugs, have children who do drugs.
- Mgruff the crime dog spots, and one had the users are losers song sung by a horrible cheap pop song knock off artist
- When you tell a lie it leads to another.  A hallway full of doors that a kid cannot escape form cause he keeps telling lies.
- I hanker for a hunk of cheese. The yellow ugly cheese ball who would sing about fun nutirtious snacks to make during commerical breaks.
- Boston Aquarium "I can walk like a penguin."

Thats all i can think of for now, but i wil update with anymore that come to me
thanks

Subject: Re: Commericals/PSA's

Written By: iluvthe80s on 08/25/05 at 7:36 am

Don't forget that commercial with the fried egg: "This is drugs.  This is your brain on drugs.  Any questions?"

Written By: star500 on 08/25/05 at 4:52 pm

Also don't forget the girl diving off the diving board as the voice says, "Thinking about getting high? You better know what your jumping into." And then you see the pool is empty with no water in it. ::) :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/05 at 7:16 pm

Chucky has a TV commercials from the 80's page, and there are alot on it.

http://www.inthe80s.com/tvcommercials/p.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...